Sleeping with your 'Pod - Page 2 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Sleeping with your 'Pod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 01-12-2005, 06:23 AM

Freshman Lounger

theres a cool "brainwave generator" program you can get (free i think) that outputs wav files that help you sleep ... i might load a couple of em onto my 'pod and let em send me to sleep

4G 40gig iPod :-)
Old 01-12-2005, 06:39 AM

grey... with creamium

I do it all the time... I don't use the sleep timer though. I let one album play, by the time the last song is over I'm already sleeping
It's a habit of mine, I couldn't imagine falling asleep without music
Old 01-12-2005, 12:36 PM

Reclined Lounger

i sleep with my ipod photo under my blanket. Lately I've been listening to Skye Sweetnam to put me to sleep. She's yet another good canadian pop/punk/rock chick like Avril and Fefe.

Anyways i use the earbuds. I pop them out of my ears just before i fall asleep. Those around-the-neck headphones hurt and the neckband makes sleep cumbersome.

Does anyone here use those sonyy noise cancelling earbuds for sleep, do they work well?

160gig ipod classic. Used strictly for djing with Megaseg (www.megaseg.com)
32gig ipod touch. Just bought march 19th
40gig ipod photo
3g 30gig ipod
Old 01-12-2005, 01:35 PM

iPod therefore I am

Quote:
Originally posted by smorzander
i would rather have a hot girlfriend on that side but i am only 14. (15 ON MARCH 27!)
Happy Early Birthday! And the "hot girlfriend" comment was hillarious.

As for me "sleeping" with my iPod, I did that twice when I got it, but not on purpose. I had accidently fallen asleep with the earbuds on and the music playing.

I have "Brainwave" and Sleep CDs that I bought ripped to my iPod. I just select that as the Playlist and I pass out in no time normally. I've just recently started using the "sleep timer" but since my iPod is docked with full power going to it, it charges while playing the sleep music and once the playlist is up, it stops itself anyway... so I'm good to go.

Click the image to open in full size.

| Ice eXo3 | Tune Belt | Dock | Remote | iCondoms |
| Etymotic ER6i | Sony EX71 | Shure E2c (Sold) | Apple In-Ear (Sold) |

Proud Owner of a Sony PSP!
Old 01-12-2005, 01:38 PM

iPod therefore I am

Quote:
Originally posted by Churchy
theres a cool "brainwave generator" program you can get (free i think) that outputs wav files that help you sleep ...
Can you provide a link or info where to find that program? Thanks.

| Ice eXo3 | Tune Belt | Dock | Remote | iCondoms |
| Etymotic ER6i | Sony EX71 | Shure E2c (Sold) | Apple In-Ear (Sold) |

Proud Owner of a Sony PSP!
Old 01-12-2005, 06:15 PM

Senior Lounger

i listen to my ipod when i go to sleep through my speakers which are on the unit next toi my bed

very good just set a playlist up and after a couple of songs im sleeping

3rd gen 40 gig
luminous green 3g iskin glow in the dark
Old 01-12-2005, 07:07 PM

Freshman Lounger

I load stand-comedy onto mine and fall asleep to that
Old 01-12-2005, 08:33 PM

Read lots, Post little

Quote:
Originally posted by smorzander
i fall asleep with my ipod mini. i sleep 6 feet in the air in my "loft" (its like a bunk bed w/out the bed on the bottom, only on top) i dont think it will fall cuz my loft has like 1ft sides so i dont fall too. i put my mini on the other side of my bed (queen size) so i dont roll over onto it. and whenever i wake up the earbuds have fallen out. i would rather have a hot girlfriend on that side but i am only 14. (15 ON MARCH 27!) so i guess my mini hasnt tried to suffocate me yet.
Congrats on the birthday (a little early). Maybe I'm just fanatic, but I'd rather wake up with an iPod, than a hot girl. I know, get my head checked.

As for being strangled to death by your iPod, that's definitely very hardcore. Would probably be somewhat of a negative-advertising campaign against them, however.

This 5k limit is really killing me.
My first Audion skin!
Old 01-12-2005, 11:12 PM

He hates Scousers

I haven't done it in a while, but I used to lie on the bed with the earphones on...that didn't work very well coz the earphones kept slipping off. When I get my new headphones, I'll resume that habit though.

Gotta love the iPod! I was so terrified last time, coz I was afraid that I'd lie over the 'Pod!

Then wear the gold hat, if that will move her;
If you can bounce high, bounce for her too,
Till she cry 'Lover, gold-hatted, high-bouncing lover,
I must have you!'
- Thomas Parke d'Invilliers
Old 01-13-2005, 02:52 PM

Junior Lounger

Thumbs up

I sleep with my ipod every night. I plug it in to power either set the sleep timer for an hour and shuffle on a playlist, or let it play through an album or artist. Usually I hook it up to speakers, but occasionally (ex. when on vacation and sharing the room with others) I sleep with the earphones in with no problems.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:18 PM

Junior Lounger

i fall asleep to my iPod every night. I sleep in a bunk bed. I have a fan above me that has a hook on it that I hang my headphones on so I have "speakers" and don't have to sleep with headphones on, and I have my iPod on a ghetto rig stand (iPod resting on 2 nails in the bedpost). I've got pics that I'll post soon...

Old 01-13-2005, 03:28 PM

Veteran Lounger

my ipod has had a headache for months now ............can't finish laughing to hard.........

What do I know about music? | there is always an objective | Flickr | ebay selling my record collection in the next few weeks, keep watch!!
Old 01-13-2005, 05:18 PM

iPod Patrol

Quote:
Originally posted by Churchy
theres a cool "brainwave generator" program you can get (free i think) that outputs wav files that help you sleep ... i might load a couple of em onto my 'pod and let em send me to sleep
You gotta link for that? Curious...
Old 01-13-2005, 05:57 PM

bdb
On the B side of life

I also have a playlist called "bedtime". Damien Rice, Iron & Wine, etc. The nice thing about calling it "bedtime" is that its the first playlist - so I can find it in the dark by repeatedly hitting the menu button a few times, then hitting the select button a few times.

I have one of those buckwheat travel ring pillows, which are usually used for putting around your neck to sleep while sitting up. I use that so I can lie on my side and still use the earbuds. Very nice!

When I'm about to drop off, I put them on my nightstand. No strangling involved.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:37 PM

I rigged up some Soundsticks (originals) to an Altec Lansing sub that Staples had on sale before Christmas.
I play Reiki music...and some subliminal learning items as well..
Andreas Mock's Merlin's Magic is great if you want an hour long catnap and to wake up refreshed.

Topic: Sleeping with your 'Pod

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.