Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Buying a iPod on Ebay? Risks?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-08-2004, 10:16 PM

Freshman Lounger

Buying a iPod on Ebay? Risks?

I was thinking about trying to buy a iPod off of eBay. I've never purchased anything from there before. Please share any tips or suggestions for getting a good Pod off eBay.

Thanks,

Amani

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 06-08-2004, 10:24 PM

Reclined Lounger

---do not try to get something for nothing (like an iPod for under $50) cause that is most likely a scam

---read the description of the item and make sure you know what you're buying ie: new unopened box? opened box etc...

---contact seller if you have questions, you don't want to win and get it and find out the seller really wasn't too clear on the description for example the used iPod maybe didn't come w/ firewire cable or something

---View Seller feedback, if you are first timer on ebay you might want to avoid sellers with 1 or 2 feedback

---Request pictures if they are not provided especially if you are a buying an opened box iPod, and the pictures are not allready provided

good luck

edit:
---also do not bid on any thing that would send you a website or information on a cheap/free iPod, that is a scam

.:3G 15Gb iPod:.

Last edited by SocksRule; 06-08-2004 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:31 PM

Freshman Lounger

These are good points. I'm thinking that for a top of the line Pod with max hard drive I should expect to pay about $250? I can't imagine someone selling a really good Pod for under $100 of it's selling price, unless it's hot.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:59 AM

student member

most ipod on ebay come from u.s.a and u think u are getting a good deal until u see the p&p some want ?35 for shipping so in the end it dosent work out any cheaper

Old 06-09-2004, 12:19 PM

With sites like apple.com, powermax.com, and smalldog.com often having cheap used/refurb units, there's no reason to risk eBay. Plus, you get a warranty and a company to complain to should something go wrong.