Mac changing wallpaper on each restart - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Mac changing wallpaper on each restart

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-12-2017, 08:32 AM

Junior Lounger

Mac changing wallpaper on each restart

Hi,

My MBP is changing the wallpaper every time I restart or login. I've set the rotation option to be every day. Is this normal?
Thanks
Old 10-12-2017, 10:37 AM

There has been a long standing issue where a Mac will revert to the default background at start up.

That one is usually fixed by closing Desktop 1 (Ctrl Up Arrow) that is still showing the default background.

What you are saying I think is that the rotation gets updated if you login/reboot in the middle of the day when you said to change it daily. I think this is normal. The computer does not store which picture was displayed each day or what was picked for today. It just opens a picture and displays it. When you log in, it doesn't know that you saw picture x from breakfast until now, so it selects a new picture and shows it to you and won't change it until tomorrow or another reboot / login event.

It seems normal to me.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 10-12-2017, 10:41 AM

Junior Lounger

Thanks for your answer.
The default background isn't displayed apart from being blurred in the background at the login page.
I have the rotation set to my Favourites. I can reboot 3 times in 5 minutes and each time I've got a different wallpaper on the main desktop.
I was assuming the wallpaper would change once a day whether I rebooted or not but from what you said that's not the case.
Thanks for that. I thought I was missing something.

Topic: Mac changing wallpaper on each restart

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.