Should I upgrade to Macbook 12? Have mid-2012 Macbook Pro. - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Should I upgrade to Macbook 12? Have mid-2012 Macbook Pro.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-20-2017, 04:14 PM

Freshman Lounger

Should I upgrade to Macbook 12? Have mid-2012 Macbook Pro.

College student & web publisher looking for a lighter device with a better battery life.

I have a mid-2012 Macbook Pro, 13 inch, 512 GB (and full of my photos). Battery life is terrible.

I'm lusting over the Macbook 12, Rose Gold, 256 GB (can't swing the upgrade for GB).

Battery life on my mid-2012 Pro is really annoying, lasts maybe a few hours.
It's a rather heavy laptop too.

I figure with the Rose Gold 12, I'll have to store my photos on OneDrive/Google Drive and just use hard drive for apps.

Mostly looking to do college stuff in the Rose Gold 12, with a little web publishing and light web dev & web publishing it.

Is it worth the upgrade (downgrade) for me?
Old 02-21-2017, 09:22 AM

Could you get the 512 GB if you get last year's model?

It looks like they still have the older ones, but have not priced them differently so that may not help.

It is a tough call as the MacBook as the screen is smaller (though with better resolution), the CPU is slower (though it may be equivalent to what you have now) and the reduce disc space.

I would be considering the MacBook Air with the upgrade to 512. The biggest downside to that is the pixels on the screen shrinks compared to the Pro, but for you it is not a downside as you'll get more pixels than you currently have. Plus with the lower initial price the 512 GB may be attainable and stay in your budget.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: Should I upgrade to Macbook 12? Have mid-2012 Macbook Pro.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.