new OS X feature - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: new OS X feature

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 06-05-2016, 07:57 PM

Junior Lounger

new OS X feature

Hi Lounge readers, I have 2 very-basic questions. I must detail here, that successful-solution response here will begin cementing my beliefs (hopes) that answers to operation of my, now 1 1/2 yr old iMac can be found by direct method above usual trial and error. Soooo: where do I find the 'button' which is written as a green circle with diagonally-slanting opposing arrows? anyone ? (this, by the way is the symbol the Apple Help shows as needed to create side-by-side screens, one of OSX's new features)
my other Q; why might my 1 1/2 yr old mouse require repeated left clicking to engage the task? Thanks for your consideration and help.

One more thing: how do I instruct iLounge to send eMAIL comunicaton when one of you have responded to my poost ?

Last edited by Chrisman; 06-05-2016 at 08:05 PM. Reason: adding a question
Old 06-06-2016, 10:56 AM

1. The location of that icon seems more like an Apple Developer question (https://developer.apple.com). Here is some documentation on the icons, but that one is not listed. https://developer.apple.com/library/...mProvided.html We here handle IOS/iTunes/iPod support and are unlikely to know this level of information, unless a Mac developer is lurking around.

2. Maybe your batteries are low, or you have Bluetooth interference, or you have worn out the switch and the mouse needs replacing.

3. Click on Topic Tools->Subscribe to this Thread. Or you can subscribe to all threads by clicking on the link in the upper right called Quick Links + Your Profile -> Edit Options scroll down to Default Thread Subscription mode and set it to Instant email notification. You can use daily or weekly if you prefer.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 06-06-2016, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisman View Post
where do I find the 'button' which is written as a green circle with diagonally-slanting opposing arrows? anyone ? (this, by the way is the symbol the Apple Help shows as needed to create side-by-side screens, one of OSX's new features)
This feature is called "Split View" and not all apps are compatible. Did you read this support article?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204948

I'm not at my Mac now, but I think if you click and hold on a (compatible) app's green full-screen icon you may see the opposing arrows.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmyplimsoul View Post
I'm not at my Mac now, but I think if you click and hold on a (compatible) app's green full-screen icon you may see the opposing arrows.
I confirmed that if you have a compatible app open, just hover over the green button to see the arrows, then click and hold the button and drag the app to one side or the other.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:21 PM

Junior Lounger

Dear cjmnews, Thanks for the 'daily email notification' advice !
Old 06-09-2016, 10:23 PM

Junior Lounger

Dear rockmyplimsoul, You are right, the green-screen button works to engage the split screen. thanks!

Topic: new OS X feature

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.