Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

View Poll Results: What should I buy for an upcoming birthday?
iPad Mini 0 0%
iPod Touch latest 0 0%
Macbook pro 1 25.00%
Canon DSLR 2 50.00%
Kindle e-ink glowlight for night reading 1 25.00%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Topic: What would you buy? Big birthday coming up.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 08-03-2013, 08:11 PM

Freshman Lounger

What would you buy? Big birthday coming up.

I want to buy something fun for a big birthday. The options are:

- Kindle e-ink with glowlight (I like reading at night)
- iPad mini (my iPad 2 is a little heavy and a little slow now)
- Canon DSLR (I like hobby photography, but rarely do it)
- latest iPod touch... seems easier to carry around the house than an iPad.
- Macbook pro (ok, this one is beyond the budget, but tempting)
- Other?

I want to: read, study, listen to music, try some hobbies (photography? language learning online?). I'll usually be around the house doing this stuff.

What I've got already:
I have: 1.5 year old PC (use all the time), Apple TV (use a little), large TV (use all the time), eink BN Nook (never use anymore but like it to read outside on rare occasion, received as a gift and used a lot at first), iPad 2 (sometimes use still, but not nearly as much as when I first got it), ipod 6g (don't use much, free from a 2G trade-in program), old iPod touch 2g (it's too slow and not compatible with apps anymore so I don't use it anymore), iPhone 4 used (it's fine, I rarely talk on the phone), BN Nook 7 inch LCD tablet (sometimes use but not as much as I expected), Tivo (use all the time), Samsung camera (got it this year but don't use much... too basic a camera for my hobby photography).

Some things I've bought and gotten tons of use out of while others I don't use nearly as much as I thought I would. I'm tempted to sell some of the things I don't use much anymore, but haven't really decided what to do. Others I used to use a lot (ipod touch 2g when I first got it) are too outdated to be of much use and I kind of want to upgrade to the latest. Other things, like the Nook HD 7 tablet, are fun but maybe not ideal matches. I love the size of the Nook HD 7, but it can't play with my Apple TV and I'm not loving the Android interface all that much.

I don't know what I would really enjoy and get a whole lot of use out of.

The past few things I didn't use/enjoy as much as I thought I would, and I want to make a wise purchase that I really use now. Any fun ideas?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:04 PM

Pro Lounger

I voted Mac Pro. New ones are real nice especially with the retina. I did not select iPad mini because I assumed you had an iPad. If that is not the case, then I suggest going iPad.

White iPad 2 64gb | 13.3 MacBook OSX 10.5 | Black Nano - stolen | 1G silver mini - dead | iSkin Ghost Case | 2882 songs 17.36gb | Black iPhone 3G[S] - dead | White iPhone 4S | iSkin Solo Carbon Case |

Topic: What would you buy? Big birthday coming up.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.