Problems with Repair Company M Blue Ltd - Page 4 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Problems with Repair Company M Blue Ltd

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 04-16-2013, 09:11 PM

Freshman Lounger

Angry Avoid At All Costs

Hiya, everyone. So, I sent off my Blackberry bold 9780 to this "company" on April 4th 2013 to have the charging portal replaced, which cost 39.99, which was paid for by my boyfriend, using his bank card. was so desperate to get my phone fixed and just went ahead andquickly sent off my phone to this "company" after reading glowing reviews on their website. I was told it would take 3.5 days for repair and return - I got it back today, April 16th and the charging portal is working great, only my camera flash is broken, my phone keeps coming up a white screen then rebooting itself! It was in perfect working order when it was sent off, all that needed done was the charging portal replaced! I have sent off a few emails to them but doubt I'll get a reply. I think I'm just going to go ahead and call trading standards! Can't believe this company still hasn't been investigated! I wish I had seen these reviews before I sent my phone away! I won't be gullible enough to send them my phone back so they can repair the damage they done! Absolutely fuming...
Old 05-21-2013, 04:33 AM

Freshman Lounger

MBlue Ltd Phone Repairs Taking 3- 4 weeks

I sent them my phone and havent had it back so far, sent 1st May 20 days later they have not returned it, I have chased them three time.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:01 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thumbs down Mblue

Similar problems with MBlue as reviosu posts - ipod send for repiar to cracked screes, but came back with a gap between the screen and back cover. Ipod does not work at all now. they will not accept responsibility under their "guarantee", and want payment for additional repairs - leave well alone!!
Old 06-11-2013, 07:51 AM

Freshman Lounger

Angry Do not use M Blue Ltd for your repairs

I sent off my iPhone 5 last week to have a fracture on the front screen replaced. I received it back today (7 days later) although they state repairs take 3 - 5 working days to be fixed and returned. I also chose to have a screen protector fitted to protect my new screen and prevent any further damage happening. After opening the poorly packaged parcel, the 'new' screen they'd fitted was covered in scratches, fingerprint, general marks and what looked like grey stress marks from side to side. For the cost of 97.00 I am appalled at what they've done!! My phone looked better with a fracture on it!! I am so angry and have written them an email (although I doubt I'll get a reply) and also opened a dispute with PayPal as I fortunately paid through them. DO NOT GO NEAR THEM! I think the amount of reviews on this page are enough to keep anyone away, I just wish I'd have looked for reviews before hand and avoided this problem. iPhoneFixed.co.uk are an amazing company thought and highly recommended!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:16 AM

Freshman Lounger

Surely something can be done?

There are so many of us with very similar complaints about M Blue Ltd, surely they can be stopped? We have a similar story with an I-pod touch. We are 70 plus postage costs down with a very broken I-pod. I have contacted Consumers Direct (our local Trading standards agency) who have directed me to a page on their website where you can get help writing a letter. It says that M Blue have broken Consumer Law, Supply and Goods service act 1982. Where by they are obliged to use reasonable care and skill whilst working on our devices. I suggest as many of us as possible send letters to M Blue Ltd and contact our local Consumer Direct agency, which are run by our local councils. We cannot let these people continue to rip people off.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:48 AM

Freshman Lounger

I must have been lucky...

Had I read these reviews first I would never have used this company, which would have been unfortunate as I was very pleased with the work done. They did everything as agreed and I got my phone back, like new, within the time promised. I am in the process of sending a second phone to them now (an out of commission one that I plan to use just for music) - I found this discussion whilst Googling their website. I imagine most people will be put off by the volume and ferocity of complaints here, but take it from me, I'm a happy (and genuine) customer.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:11 AM

Freshman Lounger

Terrible company

Sent a samsung note 2 with a cracked screen over 2 weeks ago and still waiting for its return. Have phoned them on various occasions (as they never phone or update you) and each time am given a different return date or excuse for the delay. Absolutely rubbish company and best avoided at all costs.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:45 AM

Freshman Lounger

Mblue worst company ever!!!

Please don't send your devices to this company they just want to still your money.

I sent my phone 4 to get the rear and front screen changed as it was broken, when I received my phone back I realized the proximity sensor was not working and the microphone was loose. I sent my phone back and they received it on June the 19th. 3 weeks after I received a call from someone in the company telling me that they were not able to repair the proximity sensor and that they had sent the phone back. They said that they were just responsible for the parts they had changed but when I asked why they had taken so long to sent the phone back to me they said that they had order some other parts and were waiting for them (which other parts? I thought they were just responsible for the front and rear screen??????) . My phone was working perfectly before I sent it to them to change the screens and the proximity sensor stopped working just after they did the job. I was waiting for 3 weeks for they to tell me that they couldn't repair my phone and that they were sending it back. I contacted back but they said they were not responsible.

I am not happy at all with this situation and I have reported them to the trading standards
Old 08-13-2013, 07:17 AM

Freshman Lounger

Do Not Use M Blue

I like many others had a terrible time with M Blue.

I dropped my Galaxy S3 and sent it to them for repairs back in May. I took them 2 months and near constant phone calls for them to 'Fix it' and send it back to me. (They claimed that they couldn't get compatible parts as I've seen with many others who have posted comments about them).

When I got it back the display still didn't work. I sent it back the next day.

They then claimed I'd opened the device (worn screws was the excuse) and it wasn't working because of something that I'd done because they had 'tested' it before sending it back(which clearly wasn't the case).

Further they then claimed that that the screen they had replaced was now damaged and they couldn't refund me because they couldn't send the screen back for them to get a refund) and also give me back my device (??).

After many phone calls and nearly another month they agreed to pay me back some of the money and return my device.

I got the device back but no money.

After 3 weeks phoning I finally only got my money refunded (they kept saying it had been done by their 'accounts department' and I should wait a few days - strangely enough when I asked for the dates it had been done they never had that information to hand and assured me they were not that type of company).

I believe I only got my money back because I informed then that I used to live only a mile away from them and I still knew people in the area that could go to their office on my behalf to collect the money.

I got my device analyzed by a different company - they had damaged the motherboard so that it no longer connected to the LCD/Digitizer and the screen that didn't work actually does now that I have a new motherboard.

Jokes on them because I managed to get a spares and repairs motherboard for 50 and fixed the device with the display they had assured me didn't work so I got the whole thing fixed cheaper (by myself) than if they had done a proper job - but I had to go through 3 months of pain to get my device back.

NEVER EVER USE THESE PEOPLE they aren't honest, they don't know what they are doing and they will further damage your device as in my case.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:53 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thumbs down M Blue - How to complain

Same old story 2 years on, I won't bore you with the details. Here is my advice...

1. Do NOT use this company

2. If they are giving you hassle please PLEASE report them to Trading Standards. Call 08454 040506 for advice on how to proceed.

They must be STOPPED!

Good luck!
Old 09-22-2013, 04:58 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thumbs up not all bad

M blue ltd clearly went through a stage where they wasnt much good or maybe a problem with communicating to their customers but i just had a very good repair done and i am a very happy customer.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:09 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dermot2927 View Post
Had I read these reviews first I would never have used this company, which would have been unfortunate as I was very pleased with the work done. They did everything as agreed and I got my phone back, like new, within the time promised. I am in the process of sending a second phone to them now (an out of commission one that I plan to use just for music) - I found this discussion whilst Googling their website. I imagine most people will be put off by the volume and ferocity of complaints here, but take it from me, I'm a happy (and genuine) customer.
Agreed very happy x
Old 09-24-2013, 02:36 PM

Freshman Lounger

Unfortunately they are still as bad as ever, very poor experience with them, liars at every level, they told me unless I did what they want they'd keep my phone, tried to cancel the repair as the parts were not available but as soon as I cancelled work had commenced on my phone so they tried to charge more for the cancellation. Liars, corrupt individuals, Southend on Sea mafia.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:27 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thumbs down Con Merchants

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimshaw View Post
M blue ltd clearly went through a stage where they wasnt much good or maybe a problem with communicating to their customers but i just had a very good repair done and i am a very happy customer.
this company should be stopped from trading they are deceitful and do NOT carry out an efficient service, just read this forum and make your own mind up, they robbed me of my phone also by not repairing it correctly, i have now gone through my bank insurance and they simply replaced the phone because it was unrepairable after it came back from these muppets.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:04 AM

Freshman Lounger

Angry M Blue left me feeling Blue

I have just received my mobile phone back from M Blue Ltd who are trading as SamsungPhoneRepairs.co.uk after repair of the cracked screen on my S4.

I am extremely disappointed with the condition of my mobile. It was sent to them with absolutely no damage other than a cracked screen, they have taken 16 days to return the phone (their website says 3-5 working days) and when returned to me, they have damaged the metal body of the phone, not minor damage but they have bent the body which has caused the back of the phone not to fit correctly.

I know on their website that they claim to have completed 75,000 successful repairs, I can only believe that this is a complete fabrication

I had to call them several times and they gave various excuses on each occasion as to why the phone's return became later and later. When I complained to them, they stated that I told them I had dropped the phone and damaged the body (a complete lie, I hadn't even had a conversation with them).

Please please please DO NOT USE THEM, they are the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Topic: Problems with Repair Company M Blue Ltd

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.