Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Apple employee guilty of conspiring against firm

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-01-2011, 03:52 AM

joshmueca
Banned

Apple employee guilty of conspiring against firm

Have you read this, A former employee of computer and phone firm Apple has pleaded guilty to multiple criminal charges and admitted he took bribes from Asian suppliers.

Full news was published on BBC website: BBC News - Former Apple employee guilty of conspiring against firm

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:18 AM

Yeah, that guy made the news a while back when he was first charged and now he is pleading guilty, while paying over $2 million just so he can avoid going to jail. I think it is funny that his lawyer said he is a good guy, he just made a bad decision. Yeah, he made a few bad decisions and now he doesn't want to go to the butt pounding factory. I know Apple is a multi-billion dollar company and all but what this guy did was illegal. He was likely the one responsible for all of those preliminary case designes back when the 3G iPod touch was coming out. Either way, his prison term should be relatively short unless the judge wants to make an example out of him (which he should).

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 03-08-2011, 01:06 AM

joshmueca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornchild2002 View Post
I think it is funny that his lawyer said he is a good guy, he just made a bad decision.
TRUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornchild2002 View Post
Either way, his prison term should be relatively short unless the judge wants to make an example out of him (which he should).
Not sure on this his term may be shorter than expected I think.

Topic: Apple employee guilty of conspiring against firm

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.