Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPhone 3rd Generation

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-19-2009, 04:03 PM

ReyZero

iPhone 3rd Generation

Okay, so I had to sit back for a second after all the news on the 3.0 updates, and what could be in the 3rd generation iPhone, like the video and other motion capabilities.
Now, a lot of excuses towards the 2nd generation iPhone not having thing is battery life, and after looking at what this next iPhone will have, are we expecting much less battery life, or what trick does Apple have up their sleeve other then adding a larger battery.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:14 PM

Pro Lounger

Bad battery life usually just happens once or twice per product. With all the complaints coming from the battery end of the iPhone, there's just no way Apple won't improve battery life noticeably. I'm guessing they're just going to make the parts more power-efficient. The only improved hardware is going to be the camera, and that doesn't exactly use battery unless you're using it. Though they might also upgrade the processor, which would call for more power, but I'm sure they'll find a way. Battery life is generally a focus point for Apple (it's also a great excuse for them to exclude features on multiple occasions )
Old 04-19-2009, 08:38 PM

ReyZero

Heard about the motion awareness? iPod buttons get bigger if you're moving, full bluetooth, video conferencing, and other possibilities.
I'm just saying

Old 05-21-2009, 10:06 PM

Junior Lounger

There is really something about the battery life of the 2nd generation iPhone. At least now for the 3rd generation, they are improving the battery lifespan. There are also a lot of things that you can do to improve the battery life. You can do away with the not so used functions, like WiFi, Bluetooth, adjust brightness and also update to the latest software to optimize it.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:08 AM

Veteran Lounger

If you all recall, Apple is producing batteries for their laptops that came from their own R&D. They claim much longer cycle times and much longer overall lifetimes. I think it's safe to assume that these new Apple branded batteries will appear in iPhone at some point. They won't give the same kind of performance boost that they did in laptops (the shape and configuration of the battery in lap tops had a lot to do with it in that case) but they probably will make a noticeable increase. The only question is if these new Apple batteries will appear in the 3rd generation iPhone or at some later date.

___

Old 05-22-2009, 12:08 AM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast1 View Post
if i am still under a year's warranty for the 2nd gen batteries when they release the third gen, i am still good for it right?

Yes. Your warranty isn't changed by the release of new products.

___

Old 05-23-2009, 10:35 AM

Pro Lounger

I think we've already got the feature list for the next iPhone, what with all the rumours. Some have been ridiculous but a lot are plausible, and I believe the following to show itself at WWDC:
16/32GB choices
1.5x or 2x the processor, double the RAM
Better battery
Compass or magnetometer or whatever it's called
3.2MP camera, auto-focus, video, no flash.
TV/Movie downloads for the App Store are possible (pointless in my opinion though)
Matte black/white finish.
Nike+, maybe
HOPEFULLY Bluetooth file transfers (photos) - but I doubt it.
Same price.
All of this with iPhone 3.0, of course.

Topic: iPhone 3rd Generation

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.