Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Welcome to the new iLounge Forums!

Closed Thread Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 04-12-2009, 04:01 PM

Veteran Lounger

Mebbe it's just me....

...and no one sees this on a Mac. But just in case you're out there (and you happen to work at iLounge ;-)...

editing this def in "default.css"
Code:
.topic_heading {
position:relative;
float:left; /* ADD THIS */
background:transparent url(http://forums.ilounge.com/images/styles/ilounge/style/topic_bg.gif) repeat-x top left;
height:70px;
width:100%; /* ADD THIS */
}
and this in the page template:
Code:
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="100%" align="center" style="border-top-width:0px; margin-bottom:6px; clear:left;">
<!-- add "clear:left" (or clear:both) to the "style" def -->
fixes both problems with the topic_heading div....

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:08 PM

Veteran Lounger

So...here's me being a broken record <rueful grin>

Please fix the layout bug in the "<!-- thread posts list -->" section of these templates for Macs running Safari (bug appears with Safari v3.2.1 under both 10.4 and 10.5).

Here's a picture of the "page guide" bug:

Example page: Welcome to the new iLounge Forums! (this page).

And there's a picture of the "thread posts links" bug in this post.
Example page: Enigma: library recreated with playlists but without any rating and date added data!.

The problem clearly correlates with the addition of the Google search DIV. Had a chance to do some digging -- here's a more-elegant solution than my previous posting:
In the "default.css" file:
Set the height of the "legend" class to 30px, as in
HTML Code:
.legend {
background:transparent url(legend_bg.gif) repeat-x top left;
height:30px;
text-align:center;
color:#ff6600;
font-size:10px;
font-weight:bold;
min-width:350px;
}
/* consumes no more vertical space than original; 
just allows enough room for clearing */
And, in the page template, find the first <table> tag following:
HTML Code:
<!-- thread posts list -->
and set it to:
HTML Code:
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="100%" align="center" style="border-top-width:0px; margin-bottom:6px; clear:left;">
(adding "clear:left" or "clear:both")

Haven't tried the fix out on Windows, but it causes other Mac browsers no pain.

(Yes, this is easy to fix "locally" -- just add two lines to your User Style Sheet...but how many users are gonna know how?
.topic_heading {float:left;width:100%;}
.tborder {clear:left;}
)

Anyway, the point is it's not hard to fix at the source ;-)
Old 04-15-2009, 07:48 AM

Junior Lounger

Jesse- I've been on the forums a few months but on the new forums if I post the topic seems to disappear. Beats me, but if I have an interest in the topic and want to see how it develops it just doesn't show up.

I can find the topic using advanced search, entering me as poster

Example post 8pm last night I reply 8:30, then go back to view the development of the posts I can't find the topic there.

Am I putting a hex on the forums? lol

Peter

iPhone 3GS - Nano 4G - Classic 80gb
Old 04-15-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2_Mac View Post
So...here's me being a broken record <rueful grin>

Please fix the layout bug in the "<!-- thread posts list -->" section of these templates for Macs running Safari (bug appears with Safari v3.2.1 under both 10.4 and 10.5).
Thanks. I've passed that on to the web developer who is responsible for the site layout so hopefully this fix will be incorporated very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm7771 View Post
Jesse- I've been on the forums a few months but on the new forums if I post the topic seems to disappear. Beats me, but if I have an interest in the topic and want to see how it develops it just doesn't show up.
Could you clarify as to exactly where you see the post not showing up? Does the thread disappear from the forum listing, from the new posts listing, or do you see the thread and simply not see the post that you added to ti?

If you're not seeing the thread on the new posts listing, this is normal since of course you've now actually read the thread, and the post you've added does not flag it new for you since you were the last poster (it's a logical assumption that you know what you've just finished writing ). Any further new posts by other users would of course return the thread back to "unread" status.

If you're seeing the thread disappear from the normal forum threads listing, or you're failing to see your post at the bottom of the thread, then this is definitely something odd that we will need to look into further.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:59 AM

Veteran Lounger

Seems to be the new way of things; makes it difficult to keep track of new posts.... To be able to see your responses to new posts, you have to use the "Today's Posts" list. Here's a link for your bookmarks: iLounge Daily Posts
Old 04-24-2009, 12:08 PM

Veteran Lounger

Search funkiness

"Search This Forum" and "Advanced Search" seem a bit off their feed....

Search This Forum actually searches all forums; the legend inside the drop-down box indicates this, but the incongruity of the two legends is kinda confusing.

The Advanced Search page is a bit frustrating -- it seems there's no way to clear the "Search by Keyword" input box once something's been entered; the only way to clear the box is to start with a fresh load of the page. (For instance, if you've started by entering Keywords but then decide that searching by User Name will yield better results, there's no way to clear the Keyword box to properly restrict the search to user names only.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Seems to be the new way of things; makes it difficult to keep track of new posts.... To be able to see your responses to new posts, you have to use the "Today's Posts" list. Here's a link for your bookmarks: iLounge Daily Posts
The "Today's Posts" link should also appear on the Quicklinks menu.

The idea is that if you've added a new post to something it's assumed that you've already read what you've posted before you leave that particular window, so there's really no need to go back. Naturally, if somebody else replies to your post, then the thread will show up in the "New Posts" section again.

I realize it may be a bit of an adjustment compared to what people are used to, but don't worry, if you've posted a reply and see it in the thread, it's really not going to suddenly "go away" just because you navigate to another page.

Quote:
Search This Forum actually searches all forums; the legend inside the drop-down box indicates this, but the incongruity of the two legends is kinda confusing.
Thanks for pointing that out. I'll look into that one.

Quote:
The Advanced Search page is a bit frustrating -- it seems there's no way to clear the "Search by Keyword" input box once something's been entered; the only way to clear the box is to start with a fresh load of the page. (For instance, if you've started by entering Keywords but then decide that searching by User Name will yield better results, there's no way to clear the Keyword box to properly restrict the search to user names only.
Yes, I've run into this one already and I agree that it's extremely frustrating. It's actually a site-wide issue -- you'll see it in dialog boxes that appear elsewhere such as editing profile fields or posts. It's been passed on to the web developer to look into, since it's a problem with the site-wide templates and not the vBulletin code itself (it works fine in the default theme).

Old 05-02-2009, 04:06 PM

Veteran Lounger

Something curious I've noticed... since the "new" forums kicked in, new posts in the Applescript for iTunes sub-forum don't seem to appear in a New posts listing; Today's posts lists seem to have no probs picking them up. Anything change in the indexing scheme that would skip over new posts in sub-forums?
Old 05-10-2009, 11:19 AM

Veteran Lounger

Mac Safari "post links" render glitch is back

Here's an example page. Safari 3.2.1, OS X 10.5.6 and 10.4.11
Old 08-11-2009, 07:57 AM

Freshman Lounger

hi guys,it is is my first post here,i'm Helen from New York,it seems cool place
Old 08-15-2009, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Here's an example page. Safari 3.2.1, OS X 10.5.6 and 10.4.11
Looks like there's a limit to how long a title can be when using Safari on OSX, as the issue doesn't appear when using Camino or Chrome on Win7.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:22 AM

Freshman Lounger

Hi all. New here and nice to meet you all
Old 03-26-2012, 03:27 PM

Freshman Lounger

internetfavs

Looks great!
internetfavs
Old 08-02-2012, 03:41 AM

Freshman Lounger

I am new. I don't know about the old version. But the current layout is good.

Topic: Welcome to the new iLounge Forums!

Closed Thread Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.