Welcome to the new iLounge Forums! - Page 4 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Welcome to the new iLounge Forums!

Closed Thread Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 04-08-2009, 10:48 AM

Veteran Lounger

Should the "Report post" and "Link to this post" icons really be *right* next to one another like that? I'm sure people are bright enough to figure it out if they hit the wrong one, but it seems like a bit of a UI faux pas.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:51 AM

Veteran Lounger

One more thing, at least in Opera, the mouse over coordinates for the Search is messed up. I cannot search. Clicking on even the lower part of "Search" brings up the quick links and any attempt to move my mouse downward if I do get the search popup/drop down switches to the quick links.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Monkey View Post
Should the "Report post" and "Link to this post" icons really be *right* next to one another like that? I'm sure people are bright enough to figure it out if they hit the wrong one, but it seems like a bit of a UI faux pas.
Good point... not something I noticed as we (Admins/Mods) have a couple of extra buttons in there. However, I seem to recall that this is where they were on the old forums as well, albeit perhaps with a bit more space between them.

However, since the "Report Post" bring up another screen where the user has to enter some details about their post report, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.

Quote:
One more thing, at least in Opera, the mouse over coordinates for the Search is messed up. I cannot search. Clicking on even the lower part of "Search" brings up the quick links and any attempt to move my mouse downward if I do get the search popup/drop down switches to the quick links.
Interesting. That definitely appears to be an Opera issue, as I hadn't noted it anywhere else, but we'll take a look at it.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:49 AM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhollington View Post
However, since the "Report Post" bring up another screen where the user has to enter some details about their post report, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal.
I was thinking more in line with someone accidentally right clicking the report post to copy the link address for insertion into another post, but, no, not the biggest deal in the world. Just wanted to point it out since I don't remember their positions being like this and I noticed it this morning when I did go to get a post link.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:36 PM

Toronto Tonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhollington View Post
Thanks for your feedback.
and thanks for the consideration and the suggestions, jesse. i'll try them out.

john
Old 04-08-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I was thinking more in line with someone accidentally right clicking the report post to copy the link address for insertion into another post, but, no, not the biggest deal in the world. Just wanted to point it out since I don't remember their positions being like this and I noticed it this morning when I did go to get a post link.
Actually, if I remember correctly I think their positions were reversed in the old system with the actual post number being at the extreme right-hand side.

Come to think of it, I did prefer that layout... Seemed to make more sense to have the post number in the top-right corner of each post.

EDIT: How's this?

Last edited by Jesse Hollington; 04-08-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:36 PM

Veteran Lounger

Looks to me like post # was on the left, and Report on the right. (I only had one previous-version forum page open post-change; assuming it's representative....Click the image to open in full size.)
Old 04-08-2009, 01:43 PM

Hmmm... so it was. Thanks for sharing that, since as I've said I don't regularly see the standard user version of those pages unless I'm testing.... Admins have a whole bunch of other stuff up in that corner.

Mind you, I still think I like this layout better.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:57 PM

Veteran Lounger

Could be my memory playing tricks on me, but I do like the possibly new flip flop.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:55 PM

Veteran Lounger

Just wondering....

What led to adopting the current "html dropdowns" (or whatever they're called these days) site-wide that display items all on one line? (As opposed to the former forum style that mimicked an actual dropdown.) They "waste" a fixed amount of space, and they're kinda difficult to mouse across when using a trackpad. (IOW, a browser compat prob; design decision; etc. ?)
Old 04-10-2009, 07:45 AM

Senior Lounger

Can't find the "new posts" button

I haven't used the Lounge in several months. Logged in successfully but can't find the New Posts button. What am I doing wrong? Thanks. ...wdc202
Old 04-10-2009, 11:04 AM

Veteran Lounger

Up near the top of this page, look for "QUICK LINKS + YOUR PROFILE" -- click it for a dropdown menu; second item.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:11 AM

Veteran Lounger

Wups!

Safari 3.2.1/OSX10.5.6 -- after adding Google Search, page links (e.g. Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last ) aren't being positioned properly; the Google Search box & button background isn't rendering properly, either. Looks OK in Firefox 3.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:04 PM

Founder & Publisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2_Mac View Post
Wups!

Safari 3.2.1/OSX10.5.6 -- after adding Google Search, page links (e.g. Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last ) aren't being positioned properly; the Google Search box & button background isn't rendering properly, either. Looks OK in Firefox 3.
Will be fixed soon enough. Thank you.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:59 AM

Veteran Lounger

Just FYI -- still getting the occasional page like this:

Topic: Welcome to the new iLounge Forums!

Closed Thread Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.