The Definitive "Introducing Myself" Thread - Page 30 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: The Definitive "Introducing Myself" Thread

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 03-28-2009, 03:25 PM

lewislink

Hello - New member

My name is lewislink and I am an iPod user. I have an iPod 3G, iPod Nano 3G, iPod Nano 4G, iPod Shuffle 1G and iPod Shuffle 2G.

I'm also a user of various other MP3 players. I was directed to this site from a member at anythingbutipod, who hatefully referred me here. After being banned from ABI because I like iPods...I didn't flaunt it in any way. I merely didn't ever denounce iPods...I decided I would check the ilounge out. I was banned from ABI not solely because of iPod non-denunciation, I was banned because I didn't worship their Nazi leader. I believe the iriver e100 is a good DAP. I prefer the sound quality of the Meizu miniPlayer to the COWONs. The Sansa Fuze isn't anything special to me. I can hear the difference between MP3 and OGG (Vorbis) files. All of this got me banned.

So...here I am and...hello.

Last edited by lewislink; 03-28-2009 at 04:04 PM.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:23 AM

Blue since the 70's

Welcome to iLounge. I guess people on the non-iPod side of the fence can also suffer from "fanboyism-disease" or be overzealous about their players.

I check out ABI every now and then, but not the forums.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:06 AM

Yes, welcome aboard! You'll find that despite being a massively iPod-focused site, we tend to be far more tolerant of intelligent conversations about competing players as well, as long as they don't take the form of trolling or degenerate into flame wars.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:03 PM

Bob76

Lightbulb Hello

Hello all,

Glad to be a part of the community.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 06-03-2009, 10:48 PM

Power Lounger

Hello to you. Glad to have you here.

//iPhone 6 64gb // SOL Republic Tracks Air // Retina iPad Mini 128 gb wifi // Apple TV 3 // iMac 21.5 //
Old 07-01-2009, 02:08 AM

rockster2009

hello music lovers check me!

check me out

i am a new member and i want to join your community please allow me to be a part of this community. i am a music fan and i love to listen and sing to the beat of my genre. i want to find people who are interested to discuss about musics and willing to have a friendship with me... thank you you and hope you will accept me...

thanks!

Old 07-11-2009, 12:46 AM

iNut

Smile Hi everyone!

Hi, I'm not what you'd say new to iLounge, I've actually read stuff on it since 2005, I just finally decied to regitster today.

Tell you a little about myself, I'm a techgeek and a hick from southern West Virginia, I program, upgrade, and repair PCs in my spare time (usually for my friends for free). I also am an avid iPod collector. I repair, upgrade, mod, and customize iPods. and I want to share with you my collection. Here they are:
1-1st gen 5GB (Upgraded to 20GB and soon possibly 40GB)
1-2nd gen 20GB (Upgraded to 40GB)
1-3rd gen 40GB
2-4th gens, 1-40GB Monochrome and 1-60GB Color
2-5th gens, 1-60GB 5th Video (White) and 1-80GB 5.5 Video (White)
2-6th gens, 1-160GB (Silver) and 1-120GB (Custom) (Upgraded to a 160GB Black and customized with a White click wheel, giving it a piano look, and a 160GB with Genius? that's Genius!)
1-1st gen Nano 4GB (White)
2-2nd gen Nanos 1-8GB (Black) (still in box) and 1-8GB (Custom) (It has been customized with a 4GB Blue case with a black: top, bottom, and click wheel)

My 1st-4th gens all run iPodLinux and Rockbox!
My 5th gens and my 1st gen Nano run an iPodWizard custom background firmware and Rockbox.

That translates into, I upgraded and built the "upgraded" and "Custom" ones and that ALL my iPods can and do play video except for my 2nd gen Nanos

Well, I thought y'all like these mess of iPods and I'm lookn' forward to havin' some fun on here!

Last edited by iNut; 07-11-2009 at 01:07 PM.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:13 AM

Freshman Lounger

Hi All!

I just joined this site this morning. Looks good. Hope to get alot of info from this site. I have the 2nd genteration nano ipod nano, color blue. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2009, 12:47 PM

Welcome to all and hope you enjoy your stay here. Have a look around and make sure you check out the Forum Policy. By reading this you can avoid future problems doing your stay here.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:42 PM

Freshman Lounger

Hi! My name is Nathan, and I'm about to Buy the IPod I-touch (32 GB 3rd Gen), and I can't wait to buy it! This'll be my first MP3 player,and I intend to do more on it than play MP3 files. I heard from a friend of mine that there's an application you can download to the IPod I-touch that allows you to invent your own applications right from the IPod I-touch itself. If this is true, what's it called, and can I get a screen shot of it? Thanks!

Last edited by pinbot; 10-01-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:58 AM

Duykur

Just wanted to say hi!

I can't seem to find a introductions section, so I'll post this here.

Hello! My name is Duykur!
I'm a member of many forums, and this site was heavily recommended, so i joined!

Old 10-13-2009, 07:55 PM

jatalley

Hello - I just joined this forum. I am just thinking about buying my first i-pod. I am 48 years old and also enjoy listening to the radio but do not get good reception where I work. I am also intrigued by the I Touch with the internet and gaming capabilities. Obviously - I don't have a clue what is availiable and out there but thought I would give a forum a try to see if I can learn something.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:24 AM

strangeseraph

Hi everybody! My name is Jenny, I am not an iPod owner, in fact I gave my the only iPod I ever owned, a 1st Gen Shuffle, to my boyfriend. But I'm probably getting an iPod touch in less than two week and I can't wait!

Glad to be here (confused as to why the intro thread is under games. Also the locked 'Introduction Thread' link directs you to an invalid page.)

Old 01-22-2010, 02:57 AM

Junior Lounger

Hello iLounge!

Just a quick little intro about myself.

I am known on line as #2pencil. I have an interest in pretty much anything computer related. Since the age of 11 I've been working with computers, both hardware & software. In 2003 after loosing my job I opened my own computer repair shop where we fix everything from Computers & Laptops to iPods & gaming consoles. It is my goal to bring my experience of iPod repair to those here in question. There are few better joys than seeing the smile on someone's face whom thought their device was lost forever.

My 1st iPod was a gift. After my gf had gone to sleep I tried to install the Linux firmware. My heart about dropped as it looked like I had bricked the iPod! I quickly restored it & never attempted it (on that particular) iPod again! In fact that is still my iPod of choice to listen to.

Topic: The Definitive "Introducing Myself" Thread

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.