The Definitive "Introducing Myself" Thread - Page 11 - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: The Definitive "Introducing Myself" Thread

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 12-28-2005, 08:58 AM

Veteran Lounger

Hmm, maybe you would lose quality. I'm not sure about that.

Maybe rip away.

Better to start before your ipod arrives if you can as you will want something in there when it arrives. Have fun !!
Old 12-28-2005, 01:04 PM

The Tie-Dye Alchemist

Ya, Mel pretty much summed it up there. Test out a few tracks trying to import them now. If you did rip them protected, then get to ripping them into iTunes from CD's. In the month leading up to my first iPod, I spent hours ripping all my tracks into iTunes. It's a great program and surprisingly fun.
C'ya

Peace, Love & All That Jazz
| 5G--60GB iPod | 2G--iPod Shuffle | 4G--16GB Nano |
.................~1576 Artists l ~ 2320 Albums..............
----------------------------------------------
30195 songs l 99.5 days l 151.82 gigs
Old 12-29-2005, 06:11 PM

Freshman Lounger

Hi im new here

Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself. I just turned thirteen today and got an ipod for christmas. I love this thing, it is a black 5th gen ipod with 30 gigs. Im glad I dont need to use my psp for videos and music anymore. I have sony mdr-ex51lp headphones and just ordered a green evo 3 skin for my ipod.

Anyways I hope to have some great discussions on these forums!

black 5G 30gig
sony fontopia MDA-EX51LP
Atomic green Iskin evo 3
Old 12-29-2005, 06:14 PM

LaugH-AholiC

Welcome there, fellow. I thought that they had a special section for introductions on this forum! None the less welcome, and congrads for getting an iPod! I am already jealous of you since you are getting an eVo3 skin! Hehe...

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:17 PM

Senior Lounger

Welcome!

I'm hoping to buy a red iSkin for my black iPod.

Hope to speak to you soon.

Using an iPhone 3g.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:28 PM

Veteran Lounger

welcome hope you reply to many forums and learn from them.

30gb iPod photo- has been sent to my aunt. She loves it, and is very careful with it, as I've heard. Hopefully I can get it back when the battery dies or the hard drive fails.

30gb iPod video- just got it as of 12/13/05 YAY!!!
Old 12-30-2005, 09:08 PM

daspler11
Multiple Account closed

Great to have another iPod owner on iLounge to discuss the iPod world.

1G 4GB Gold iPod Mini
Old 01-01-2006, 05:26 PM

Freshman Lounger

Hola' all!

My name is Tigg. 33 years old from Upstate, NY and just got my first iPod for Xmas (2GB Nano). I've spent a couple days now searching this site for all kinds of info., and it has proved invaluable! I've already gotten a case and new headphones based on all the info. people have provided.

See ya' around!

-T

2GB Black Nano; Arctic Frost iSkin Duo; Sony MDR-EX71SLs
iTunesRegistry.com: 363 tracks, 0.000 diversity
Old 01-01-2006, 09:54 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by McGRP01
Hola' all!

My name is Tigg. 33 years old from Upstate, NY and just got my first iPod for Xmas (2GB Nano). I've spent a couple days now searching this site for all kinds of info., and it has proved invaluable! I've already gotten a case and new headphones based on all the info. people have provided.

See ya' around!

-T
Welcome - from an ex-Buffao/Rochester/Poughkeepsie resident!

SteveH

An iFamily:
32gb iPhone 3GS (me) | 16gb iPhone 3GS (wife)| 16gb iPod Touch (kid 1) | 16gb iPod Touch (kid 2) | iMac | MacBook | iPad 16GB WiFi/3G
Old 01-01-2006, 10:05 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by 330CiC
Welcome - from an ex-Buffao/Rochester/Poughkeepsie resident!
Thanks! Saratoga/Glens Falls/Lake George here.

2GB Black Nano; Arctic Frost iSkin Duo; Sony MDR-EX71SLs
iTunesRegistry.com: 363 tracks, 0.000 diversity
Old 01-02-2006, 12:39 AM

Freshman Lounger

my name is Vickie, I'm 16.
I got my second iPod for Christmas this year, a 5G, 30gb, white Video iPod. Last christmas I got a 4G, 20gb, iPod. It was stolen (along with my cell pone) last june.
I love my new iPod to death, even though there are a few imperfections that I have yet to figure out. I've got battery and iTunes troubles that I've been trying to figure out for the past week. But I've been unsuccessful.
I'm a junior in high school, and I can not wait to go to school in boston in the fall of 2007.
I live in waldorf, maryland, which is about a half hour out side of washington dc. its an interesting place to live, doesn't really ever get old. I'm originally from new england.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:40 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by McGRP01
Thanks! Saratoga/Glens Falls/Lake George here.
I used to live way up in Plattsburgh, well actually Peru, but essentially, Plattsburgh.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:53 PM

Electronics Guru

Been posting around and just found this thread...

Hi, I'm Mike Steinbach. I live in Carbondale Illinois and am attending classes at Southern Illinois University in Carbondale. I'm going into Electronics technology and have one semester to go.
I'm interested in Electronics (Robotics, programming microcontrollers, etc...), Computers, Model Cars and I'm a gadget freak.
I like to change things to make them my own so you will find me at the iPodWizard forums as well.
~Mike

Own: G5 Video
Songs: 2073
Old 01-07-2006, 09:35 PM

Freshman Lounger

Cool

Hi! I'm Robyn. I have been an iPod user for about 4 months now. I resisted for quite sometime and wish I had jumped on board a while ago. I bought the 4GB Nano the day the iPod video was announced. As I was breaking the seal on my Nano, the local tech report showed Jobs announcing the iPod video. ARGH!! I live in Apple's backyard (about 20 minutes away from their campus), so this was big news. But, I was committed to my Nano! (I broke the dang seal...) I bought the 30GB G5 video in November. Best purchase EVAH!!!

I work in Silicon Valley in the high tech industry. I love gadgets. So, I'm still feeling this place out..

I have some iTunes issues, so I think I need you all. I'm hoping we have fun in this forum too. Where's all the fun? 'Cause I'm cRaZy. (crazy fun, that is...)
Old 01-08-2006, 12:38 PM

jokerman

Hello my name is james im from abedeenshier which is in the north east of scotland. I'm currently using a 4th gen black and white screen 20gb ipod, which recenrlty died on me and i have no idea what to do. I'm 14 and my hobbies include art (from painting to photoshop),playing guitar,anything computer related ect ect.

Topic: The Definitive "Introducing Myself" Thread

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.