• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

When will your iPod die?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

espanoliPod

Spanish Speaking Lounger
iPod mechanic is the same company in the thread in the warranty section that scammed tons of people. this is probably a thing they use to scam others by making them think they need their iPod repaired, but i guess it's still cool.

Edit: I'm feeling kinda bad that I entered my serial number, especially with that company's reputation and that being such a sensitive thing... but it's not like a social security number, they can't actually do anything with it... right?

Last edited:

kylo4

I wouldn't enter your serial number. A mod should post a link also to the way iPod Mechanic has scammed many. The serial number (if you've noticed in reviews here) is always etched out. You should use an example one

. All this detahclock is doing is trying to get you to buy iPod Mechanic parts. I put a new iPod, never been dropped, wet etc used 1-2 hours a week doing nothing and it said 82% of battery life with a link to replace the battery.

Last edited:

yinyang

Retired
kylo4 said:
I wouldn't enter your serial number. A mod should post a link also to the way iPod Mechanic has scammed many. The serial number (if you've noticed in reviews here) is always etched out. You should use an example one
as with any transaction that involves goods, services or money, it is important to make sure you do your research before parting with hard earned cash.

all the serial number will tell you is the year and week it came of the factory floor - the third digit indicates the year and the next two the week number...

XB7380XXXXX

if the 7 is on a recent iPod it'll indicate 2007, but if it's on an old G3 Powerbook, then that'll be 1997. the 38 implies week 38 (a few weeks ago for my iPod touch!)

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that a Q near the beginning indicates a repair/refurb, but not sure if that's iPods only or other apple hardware as well.

This site is better for other Apple hardware as is this little Mac application called Coconut Identity Card

Bonk

I just entered my new Touch and got this for the model:

Model: (1st Generation) iPhone, 8 GB (Black)

Sweet, my Touch is really an iPhone. :D

I also got 92% battery capacity, lol.

misper666

When will my iPod Croak? Depending on how you use (or abuse) it, we can take a guess at how long your little friend has left in this world. Curious? Type in your serial number.
iPod Serial Number:
it depends on how much you've abused it. so whyTF don't they ask this!? rofl

oh wait, they can take a guess ;) :rolleyes:

i love teh internets! can't believe people actually put their serial numbers in this, lol

i already know when my ipod will die. it's when i get bored with it & decide to smash it up outside the apple store in birmingham bull ring. until then though.... :D

kafkef

says mine has 68% battery left and about a year 'til it dies. bull.

gyang333

Mine says I have 390 days to go and that it only has 27% of its battery capacity left. That's hilarious, cause I can get quite alot of juice still from it.