• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

I feel like I'll never get married

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

AmazingDM

I'm 25 and never even had a girlfriend. I'm not overly shy, I talk to women, I've dated, kissed... it just never "happened."
I feel like I'm going to be the 40 year old virgin

In a way it's a good thing because I'm free to explore my dreams and desires when I turn 30 but it's kinda lonely and sad :(

jedk

You've dated but never had a girlfriend?

Don't worry man, be like me. Just be cool and hook up whenever you can with girls, and don't make them your girlfriend, which means no committment. Win-win situation. :D

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
My advice? Enjoy the freedom while you can. I waited until I was in my 30s to get married. Now that I'm in my 40s I'm knee deep in teenagers (girls no less), school, car insurance, car payments, rent/house payments and so on. I often miss the days of freedom.

It's a "The grass is always greener" thing, trust me.

Last edited:

AmazingDM

I think it will be nice to have freedom to explore what I want to do
travel

bobb-mini

Insanely Sarcastic
For someone who doesn't want to get personal... yikes. Yer scaring me Amazing "Cho." Advise stop talking to us computer forum and get a job, any job, real people contact.

Bob

Retired
Website
forums.ilounge.com
Thread 'cleaned' up - if you have nothing constructive to say on this topic say nothing.

Steps to prevent further disruption to this thread have been taken....

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
bobb-mini said:
For someone who doesn't want to get personal... yikes. Yer scaring me Amazing "Cho." Advise stop talking to us computer forum and get a job, any job, real people contact.

I have to agree with this statement.

AmazingDM

i....can.t.....get....a.....job......im......going....to. SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!

urbanlegend

Toronto Tonto
I found school was the best place to meet people - always something to talk about - that lecture, that assignment, that party, whatever. Just take it easy and things will likely happen...

John

toothpaste

AmazingDM said:
I'm 25 and never even had a girlfriend. I'm not overly shy, I talk to women, I've dated, kissed... it just never "happened."
I feel like I'm going to be the 40 year old virgin

In a way it's a good thing because I'm free to explore my dreams and desires when I turn 30 but it's kinda lonely and sad :(

Being single you want to kill yourself, being with a woman you want to kill her. Better her than me. :D

Seriously, if you think about it and go out looking for "it" to happen it won't. Just live your life and enjoy what you have. Sure it sucks going on vacations alone now, but you are young so go out there and get it out of your system before you think about settling down.

On the other hand, I never understood the pressure of getting married. Why not just be with a woman? People have children out of wedlock all the time, so what is so "sacred" about marriage?

p.s. post a picture of yourself so we can see what you look like and maybe even get you an "ilounge" date.....

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
AmazingDM said:
i....can.t.....get....a.....job......im......going....to. SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!
You choose to not have a job while going to school, it doesn't mean you can't. There are many college kids out there who work part-time while going to school and even working in the cafeteria at college will give you an edge on a resume, even if it's two days a week for four hours.

I didn't work through undergraduate either, but I used the time and focused on graduating in four years.

Some people work part-time through college out of necessity. You make the choice, it's not that you can't get a job. Perhaps you can't get the kind of job you want, but many people work themselves through college.

Though I didn't have a job through undergrad I held down two part time jobs through veterinary school. One in the bookstore at the school and another in the pathology lab. Trust me veterinary school is twenty times more grueling than an undergraduate biology degree!

I even had time to meet and date my now wife.

Get out there and live.

AmazingDM

No no it's not a choice it's a I can't do it thing. There isn't enough time in the day
I don't need to pay for school so i don't need a job at all. If I did I wouldn't work to pay my way through, thats just not sensible.

AmazingDM

Well I'm not taking out ladies right now then :p
I'll make it playing poker.. if at all

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
AmazingDM said:
No no it's not a choice it's a I can't do it thing. There isn't enough time in the day
I don't need to pay for school so i don't need a job at all. If I did I wouldn't work to pay my way through, thats just not sensible.
I can't pretend to know exactly know your situation, perhaps there really isn't enough time in your day, but in my experience there is a difference between not enough time in the day and not making the time in the day.

To get what you want out of life you have to take charge of it and not just let it come to you, you have to make an cause to get an effect.

It took me 25 years to get out from under my parents wings too. Staying there kept me afloat but didn't get me anywhere until I snipped the apron strings.

I'm not sure what you were looking for posting this, but if it was sympathy you sure won't get it.

Making college your job is something that can be respected, but you have to balance that with life just like anything else, and making time for some work experience is part of that even if it's flipping burgers at McDonalds.

pohatu771

A Bit Outdated
Sounds like the problem is that you'd rather talk about not having a girlfriend on the Internet than trying to do something about it...

jedk

AmazingDM, you sound like I used to sound about 6 months ago. Then I woke up and realised that you just have to get on with life and work damn hard, then you will reap the benefits. Stop worrying about not having a girl yet- they will come (excuse the pun) if you just knuckle down and work hard to make something of yourself. Most girls (well, the ones that are worthwhile anyway) want a man who is forging a successfull career, and if you focus on that then the women will be falling in your lap before long.