• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

iPods will take over the Earth in 2206!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Galley

Website
www.galleytech.com
Yes, it's true! 200 years from now, iPods will rise up against their owners and take over the Earth! They will whip us mercilessly with their long earbud cords. Why will they whip us? Because they like to! :eek:

For the life of me I can't remember if I saw it on American Dad, Family Guy, or The Simpsons.

Dayroc

LOLOLOL !

Although i dont really find simpsons that funny anymore, i still love them. Family guy on the other hand is LOL.

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
I don't remember who, but I THINK they were Bible-Belted Christian Coalitions who protested that the computer (when they became mainstream in 1990) was the devil's voice box and would rise up against us all...16 years later, and the worst thing to come out of the computer industry is Microsoft and Bill Gates, which is KINDA like the devil.

SuperNYK992

Website
ns-92.blogspot.com
L33tG4m3r said:
I don't remember who, but I THINK they were Bible-Belted Christian Coalitions who protested that the computer (when they became mainstream in 1990) was the devil's voice box and would rise up against us all...16 years later, and the worst thing to come out of the computer industry is Microsoft and Bill Gates is the devil.
true exept you messed up , don't worry i fixed you

i remember that

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
What's wrong with being an Apple fanboy? Hell, the only reason that I don't order a Mac right now is because they have a considerably higher price point than other similarly configured Windows machines, and that very few games run on one.

And thanks SuperNYK for fixing me! I forgot about Bill Gates being the devil.

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
L33tG4m3r said:
What's wrong with being an Apple fanboy? Hell, the only reason that I don't order a Mac right now is because they have a considerably higher price point than other similarly configured Windows machines, and that very few games run on one.

And thanks SuperNYK for fixing me! I forgot about Bill Gates being the devil.
Go to the Dell Web site and price out a Core2Duo Laptop that matches a MacbookPro in Specs a closely as possible, then tell us how overpriced Macs are. You'll be surprised, and the MacBooks are a actually a good deal.

SuperNYK992

Website
ns-92.blogspot.com
baggss said:
Go to the Dell Web site and price out a Core2Duo Laptop that matches a MacbookPro in Specs a closely as possible, then tell us how overpriced Macs are. You'll be surprised, and the MacBooks are a actually a good deal.

yeah, i remeber at the Mac Pro launch, they compared a Dell with the same Xeon chip, and closely as possible specs, and the dell was 4 grand and the Mac Pro was 2.5 grand.

I just went to dell and built an XPS 17 inch 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 120GB HDD, and it comes out to be $2,529

Macbook pro with 17 inch 2.16 GHz core2duo, 120GB HDD is 1,999

People just have the misconception that Macs cost more because they don't offer cheap machines i.e. $350 Wintel 1.25 GHz machines with 256MB RAM and a 20G HDD. The closest they come is this

mrdantownsend said:
do you have to pollute every single thread in the lounge with your apple fanboyism?

Calm down, it was just a crack on everybody's favorite little tyrant, your overreacting.

Last edited:

mrdantownsend

mrdantownsend
Website
www.freewebs.com
SuperNYK992 said:
Calm down, it was just a crack on everybody's favorite little tyrant, your overreacting.
no no no, you got me all wrong, its not that I like Microsoft better than apple, or visa versa. It is just that hearing you talk about how macs are better than pc's in every thread remotely relating to the subject kind of wears on the nerves

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
Isnt Kim-Jong-Il everyone's favorite tyrant? Well, I build my own machines, and I find Dell to be high-priced. But you're right, the Mac Pro is really REALLY cheap. It's just that Macs used to be really expensive.