• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

free blog for kids

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

goldcoaster

Message me for Audiobook
Website
goldcoaster.wordpress.com
Does any one know of some free blog sites that are OK for kids - my 8yo boy wants one but Wordpress.com is pretty ordinary for templates that kids might like.

Any idea, maybe not even a blog - where would an 8yo post a few pics and junk for his friends and family to see.

- goldcoaster

mjmoonwalker

Website
eminemjamesuk.com
Blogger? I'm currently developing a blogging service myself that's planning to launch sometime at the end of the year. If you're interested, you can PM me or something for more details.

If it's just for pics and stuff...Myspace? :D or is that a bit too raunchy?

How about Orkut? Or Flickr?

yinyang

Retired
COPPA will require authorisation from a parent/guardian for any person under the age of 12 (for any US site).

Blogger at least allows you to tweak their templates, so you can add some more personal touches to appeal to your 8 yo - if you can host your own blog, wordpress.org have a lot more templates to choose from

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
Blogger admittedly has a lot more templates but I like the Wordpress interface more. It's a lot more simple.

mjmoonwalker

Website
eminemjamesuk.com
Nickster said:
What about Vox? www.vox.com

I have unlimited invites so if anyone wants to try it out I can send some invites out I just need an email address.
I tried out Vox...I personally find it's way flashy and hard to get around (while of course it does have all of that integration doo dad stuff). What are your opinions on it?

Nickster

GODZILLA!!!111oneone
Website
thenickster.net
mjmoonwalker said:
I tried out Vox...I personally find it's way flashy and hard to get around (while of course it does have all of that integration doo dad stuff). What are your opinions on it?
Yeah it is very flashy, I don't know why but the page also loads slow for me I think it's all of the stuff they are trying to load onto the page. I don't think it's that hard to find everything. The composing and everything you should need are right at the top. They have changed a lot of the site since they first opened it so maybe you should check it out again I think they improved it a little bit. They do have a lot of templates for your blog though.