• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

iPods - iPads - LOST and FOUND

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

yinyang

Retired
Well now that you've got your shiny new iPod, everyone's worst nightmare is either losing it or having it stolen.

From the number of posts here at iLounge, there are decent people out there that will gladly try and re-unite a lost iPod with it's original owner, if only they could track them down.

So the first thing we strongly urge you to do is sync your device with iTunes at least once. Then at least your iPod's serial number is located somewhere you can find it again.

You may also want to keep a copy of the serial number for yourself. It can be found:

a) on the back of the iPod near the bottom (under the XXGb logo)
b) within the iPod GUI, if you navigate to settings on the main page, you will see "About" and the serial number is displayed below the Version number
c) on the original packaging (if you still have it) there is a barcode with a Part number and the Serial Number is displayed above that.
Pictorial from Apple
d) on an Apple Mac computer (of any kind) if you search in your home directory for "com.apple.iPod.plist" this file will have the iPod's serial number as well

or you can refer to these two articles from Apple - How to find an iPod serial number or How to find a shuffle serial number

We usually suggest that anyone finding an iPod should check the "Contacts" within the iPod to see if any details are stored there, so if you create a contact titled "Me" or "The Owner" then it may make the recovery process slightly easier, as well as maybe gnaw on the conscience of the finder to try and contact you (some instructions from Apple for getting contacts onto your iPod). You can also create a .txt file with some personal details (name, phone number and email address) and copy that to the Notes section of your iPod as yet another option (Contacts and Notes are not applicable to iPod shuffles).

These steps will at least help in getting a lost iPod back to it's rightful owner via a "good Samaritan".

If you have lost your iPod and would like to use these forums to help locate it, or if you have found one and are willing to try and return it to it's rightful owner then we suggest that you add a new post to this thread providing as much information possible about when and where the iPod in question was lost or found.

If you have found an iPod, then please add a post titled Found iPod - Date & General location to this thread, eg.

Found iPod - 5th Feb 2005, Sydney Opera House

If you have lost an iPod then please title the post Lost iPod - Date & General location and follow the same procedure as above. Obviously certain details may be a bit more vague for people that lose their iPods (like exactly when it fell out of your bag..! ;))

In order to keep this thread as clean as possible, we would ask that only postings about Lost or Found iPods be added to this thread. Any responses or discussions concerning lost or found iPods should be conducted via the private messaging system.

It would also be advisable that any personal details be kept out of the public forums (ie phone numbers, addresses, serial numbers), and if these details need to be shared, then it should be done either via the PM system or via email. It will be entirely at your discretion as to how the iPod is returned, but please make sure that you take all the precautions necessary if meeting someone in person.

You can always contact Apple and provide them some details of where you found the iPod and Apple may be able to contact the owner on your behalf.

Hopefully most of us will never have to make use of this forum/thread, but at least there is something available to help those poor iPeople that have lost their iPods.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue_Dawg

Brainwashed Right Winger
Found iPod Nano - June 14, 2006 - Santa Rosa, CA

I have found an iPod Nano in Santa Rosa Ca. If you can tell me the size and color as well as some of the songs on it you are welcome to have it back. Please either post here or send me a pm and I will do my best to get it back to you if it is truly yours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric Lewis

Apple Lover
Found iPod Nano - Sep 4, 2006 - London, ON, Canada

If you can tell me the size, colour, and some of the songs of this ipod nano, it is yours!
Found in London, Canada near a north london walmart.

Please email me at [email protected]
or leave a post
(do not contact me though ilounge-message me because i never check that!)
I already have an Ipod nano, so i dont need this one!

i got an email from a user...and they got the right songs and detail and serial number..but they said they didnt need it anymore...cause it was so long ago...so wat should i do with this nano> i already have a 2gb nano, 4gb red, 4gb blue!

Last edited:

wendeo

LOST 9/25 my 20G U2 Special Edition iPod

:eek: Either did not make it off the Southwest plane, which landed in Vegas Monday evening 9/25/06 - That plane flew to LAX that night. Or it fell out some where in between the gate and baggage claim at McCarran (Vegas) Airport. I have had this iPod since Xmas'04. Extensive library. Very bummed. Battery in dire need of replacement, 80ish days left on extended warranty. Chrome back w/U2 band signatures etched on the back(not printed), black front w/red click wheel. Last seen in black leather Marware case with the fliptop containing two sets of earbuds (one black one white). I keep dreaming it is returned to me. Any info? Please send me a PM or email me at [email protected].
***12-13-06 *** Stilll looking for my ipod to be returned - good deeds are miracles and I believe in them. Last night I found an ipod and am spending time this morning trying to get it back to its owner. Individuals are capable of "making a difference" in the Universe.

Last edited:

TheBurninator

Lost! 30GB iPod Video!

Hello,

Recently I was on a trip to Dallas and decided to take it with me, but ended up never taking it out to listen to it. I never checked to see if it was still there, so it could be anywhere from Calallen, Corpus Christi TX, to Dallas, TX. It could have fallen out of the car, it was a convertible, so if you happen to find a black video ipod either in calallen, or in a holiday inn in dallas, please contact me immediately.

There will be a reward upon my ipod returning as it was found.

There are atleast 2000 songs on it, mostly Korn, Disturbed, Children of Bodom, and Jimi Hendrix.

Corey

[email protected]

wendeo

Found: "Kevin's" 20G white ipod in Vegas 12-12-06

Kevin, I found your ipod. As someone who has lost my own ipod, I really want to reunite you with your ipod. Send me a private message with details of your music or the serial number. :) Hope to hear from you soon.

IpodMan17

Found a Nano in Alpharetta, GA

If you can tell me location lost around (preferably a street) ,color, size, some music, type of case, and name in it...Its yours.

Mendoza262

Lost my ipod

I got my ipod stolen Jan 14th of 07

there were atleast 1000+ songs
Az- The Format,50 cent,nas, the game,36 crazyfists,eli cash and alot more

around 35 videos (chuck liddel vs tito ortiz/Rosebowl HD highlights/carlos mencia "kayne west skit"/family guy/lil flip- game over/sublime/wutang clan/the doors/jim jones/gillie da kid/cassidy on smack dvd/papoose/obie trice-cry now/yukmouth/fort minor/dropkick murphy

Cliff notes

-got my ipod stolen on the date of 1/14/07 (White Ipod 30 Gigs)

-List of some of my songs
-List of most of my videos

ps
i live in Wisconsin
if you find anything let me know.
my aim is "mandomendooooza"

Last edited:

Janna526

Found iPod Chicago, il

If you can tell me the size, color, and some of the songs of this iPod, it is yours!
Found in Chicago in the Lincoln Park/Lakeview neighborhood

Please email me at [email protected]

CocteauBoy

Lost (stolen) iPod - Feb 5 2007 & East Village New York City

80 gig video ipod was either stolen or lost either at THE BEAN on the corner of 1st Ave and 5th Street, or on 7th Street between Ave C and B. It really sucks.

Thanks.

troy

CocteauBoy

I don't know why Apple doesn't have some kind of security on these portable devices in the same way that a laptop can have protection. It makes no sense. Why even register with the serial number if it's still that we have to depend on a good Samaritan to seek us out. We know most are not going to do this because Apple has made it so easy to just wipe the ipod clean and re-register it! Really sucks.

Ayala

Found iPod mini - Wednesday, 3/21/07, AM - Elmonica MAX station in Aloha, OR

Describe the color, generation, some of the songs on it and the accessory found with it and it's yours. [email protected] is the best way to get a hold of me.

I've posted on Craigslist and Livejournal with no luck; local police had no reports of a missing iPod; I posted found signs at the light rail station I found it at but TriMet personnel took them down (#######s); it's not registered at lostipods.com; Apple doesn't have an in-country address for the registered owner (which leads me to think that it was bought secondhand); there's no information IN the iPod as to contacts, notes, etc. :confused: Anything else I should do?

super j

Lost or stolen 30 gig ipod video 4-20-07 Batesburg, SC

Black ipod in a clear plastic case. Around 2700 songs and pictures of me and my 6 month old son at the zoo.

Some of the music inludes The Avett bros., Beach Boys, Beastie Boys, Johnny Cash, NIN, ZZ top, Jerry Lee Lewis, and G. Love.

I'm about 95 percent sure my wife's 14 year old brother stole it and I'll be filing a report tomorrow.

maui_luvr

Ipod forgotten at 24 Hour Fitness 77th & Cass Omaha NE

On the SLIM chance some kind soul who found my Ipod might turn be a member of this site...

Lost: 4th Gen 20g Ipod White with Click Wheel. It was in a black Ipak case on the top shelf of a full size locker in the ladies locker room. Also inside the Ipak was a pair of Sony ear buds.

It's an OLD Ipod but in good working order. About 700 songs, mostly Melissa Etheridge, 60's and 70's classic rock (Seger, Skynyrd, Kansas, Styx), 1 Audio Book (Brokeback Mountain) and some sound track stuff.

If found, please email to [email protected]

Pussnboots

Lost - 30GB white in San Francisco or Alaska Airlines Flight

I've got the seriel number and offer a reward. Thanks in advance!:shake: :shake:

davy3000

LOST 2GB silver iPod nano Tehachapi CA

my iPod was stolen from me and i have no money to replace it. will anyone give me an ipod to replace mine.

Slip

Found Ipod Ottumwa, IA

I found an Ipod in the parking lot of the mall (near Herberger's) in Ottumwa, Iowa. There were no other cars around, it was laying near mine. I would like to find its owner - has a bunch of songs and personal pictures. I don't have an Ipod and would like one - but I don't want to get one this way, feeling sorry for the person who lost it. Just posting in various forums in case they are looking for it. Contact me here with your name (it is on the Ipod) and some songs and I will try to get it back to you.