• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

anyone else annoyed about apple releasing a new nano?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

paolo-t

hey. i just got my 5g. i didnt really want or need 30gb, but 4gb wasnt enough for me, so i cudnt get the nano. i like the form factor of the nano.... so small and slim...

now i see that apple is likely to release a new nano soon! its all happening agen, like last year when i got my 2g mini!... they released the nano a few months later! am i the only person in the world that buys stuff at the rong time?

is neone else annoyed that apple sorta releases new ipods so quickly?

like to see wat neone else thinks...

bbqhog

paolo-t said:
is neone else annoyed that apple sorta releases new ipods so quickly? like to see wat neone else thinks...
That's the nature of high tech products, short lifecycles followed by a less expensive, better featured replacement. Get used to it.

duffy8245

you know you love me
id rather have the 5G because:

˜it plays video
˜a case is almost a necessity, so you won't feel like you wasted money on an amazingly tiny form factor just to buy a case to make it bigger
˜lots of room for your collection to grow

Shane1

^^^yes siree, too right

just because your latest little fashion item isn't going to be the latest and most popular now, your angry with a company for improving a product, which in a few months when your ipod gets 'old' and you purchase a new one, some of the stuff that makes it cool will have the innovations of the new nano. So belt up, or get a job and buy the new nano lol

anypats

A couple of things:

1) Apple hasn't announced a new nano. An analyst is just guessing what may happen. Will it happen? Most likely. But didn't you expect that anyway? I really doubt anyone buying an iPod really thinks they purchased the last generation or biggest iPod Apple will ever release.

2) If the analyst is correct they won't release the new ones until the fall which means it will be a full year after the initial 2GB and 4GB models were released.

Here's what I would do...return your 5G, wait for the 8GB nano to come out, purchase it, come back to the lounge and complain that another analyst is guessing that a 7G 100GB nano is likely to come out in the Spring [/sarcasm].

Shane1

^isn't it a nasty cycle...... all implemented by the genius of brilliantly marketed products.....sucking us in to buy products which realistically we don't need, i'm on the verge of sounding almost green so i'll stop hehe.... o well.............. when did you say that new nano was coming out again?? lol

mjmoonwalker

Website
eminemjamesuk.com
anypats said:
A couple of things:

1) Apple hasn't announced a new nano. An analyst is just guessing what may happen. Will it happen? Most likely.
Not most likely, definitely. There will definitely be a new nano or (like the Mini), be replaced by something even better (better is subjective) - like a Micro or something (Don't quote me). But don't get ####ed because your iPod is going to be obsolete within a year. Don't buy something expecting it to be the best thing forever. Just be happy with the iPod you have.

I'm more than happy right now than my iPod 4G 20GB - that most people would say is obsolete, old and ancient. Maybe it is - but it's still my iPod.
:p