Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

View Poll Results: Should i take the ranger or the F-150, please any anwsers for one vehicle only
Dude, keep the ranger, its older but it gets better gas milage and is faster 6 66.67%
Take the F-150, you want a full sized pickup, and heres your chance 3 33.33%
Keep the ranger for sentimental reasons, youve had some great times in that truck, setting a PR going about 15 miles in 3 minutes, expecially when re-enacting smokey and the bandit 4 44.44%
Take the F-150 because in about 5 years when your ready for a new vehicle, you can trade it in for more money and get what you want 3 33.33%
Rangers rock, expeclially if its rare to see one in as good of condition as its in 4 44.44%
F-150 looks more powerful, sounds more powerful, may not have as much acceleration but common you can't beat hearin that 5.8 roar when you can afford the gas 3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Topic: ADVICE NEEDED!!! Ranger or F-150???

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-14-2006, 08:28 PM

expert lounger

Question ADVICE NEEDED!!! Ranger or F-150???

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. hey whats up, i have a question for you guys... what do you think

ok so my truck is in the shop right now im currently rollin in a 91' Ford Ranger XLT (extended cab) which is extremly lit up on the inside (neon duh...), right now im drivin my dads regular cab Ford F150 to high school and... well everywhere. the other night he offered that i take his truck and he takes mine, thats my question. should i take my dads F150, if it was a 4X4 there would be no question in my mind but its not.

Also, the ranger is my first vehicle, i love that truck to death but also wish it was a 4X4 and no i cant afford to go out and buy a 4X4 ranger with a 4.0 V6

1991 Ford Ranger XLT
Color: Red
Body: Fair
Perks:
More Room (extended cab vs. regular cab, i use almost all of that room for my JL Audio 12 W3's)
Better gas milage than the F150
faster than the F150
better speakers which can be swapped
JVC head which can be swapped i think
unique (very few in good condition where i live)

Drawbacks:
2 Wheel Drive, not good in snow or ice (although i am the only one who can drive it on pure ice...) so you could say Horrible in Winter
Broken A/C
a possible hole (probably not that big either) in the floor of the extended cab area

1996 Ford F-150
Color: Blue
Body: Good-Excellent
Perks:
Bigger
better body condition than the ranger
less abused interrior
easier to handle in snow and ice
power windows
power locks
alarm system

Drawbacks:
Gas Sucker, (have to stay off the gas), fuel pump from 1 of 2 tanks is broken, Less room than the ranger
2 Wheel Drive, possibly not enough room for my JL Audio Subs (im 6'1" so i ride with the seat in the F-150 all the way back and i dont want to damage the subs either) and even though it has a 5.8 liter V6, my ranger could easially smoke it.

my personal record with that truck is beating a modified chevy 1500, with a 350 in it. and believe me i never let the kid forget it

so what do you think? and tell me why, the anwser "because the F-150's newer is not acceptable because it doesn't help

thanks alot, please reply

~Sahovaman

Last edited by sahovaman; 02-14-2006 at 08:41 PM.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-14-2006, 09:19 PM

Power Lounger

Go with the ranger. Save yourself from looking like the macho insecurity stereotype.

13" MacBook 2.0 GHz - 4 GB RAM - 320GB HDD - OS X 10.6.1
80GB iPod Classic - "fredPod II"
8GB iPhone 3GS - "fredPhone"
Old 02-15-2006, 09:15 PM

Junior Lounger

i have a 99 f-150, with the 4.6L V8. it guzzles gas like no other. it as well is a regulag cab, yet very spacey. as far as beating a 350 chevy, it doesnt take much. i have smoked corvettes in my truck. and i am talking 2000+ models. dont believe me? i'll get it on video it happens the next time.

2298 songs
40 Videos
6.5 Days
17.31GB

5th Gen 60GB White (Mine)
-Inivisible Shield
-iSkin eVo3(Atomic)
-iHome
-Belkin TuneDok
-Belkin Auto Charger
-Monster iCable to Pioneer HU

5th Gen 30GB Black (GF's)
-Vaja I-Vod(Black and Blue)

1st Gen Nano 2GB Black (Mother's)
-Apple Nano Tubes
Old 02-16-2006, 08:01 AM

Power Lounger

^ And you fit the stereotype I mentioned previously.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:42 AM

expert lounger

no not really, i dont consider myself insecure at all.
i just like big trucks, where im living, like 75% of the people up here have big trucks mostly chevy 15-2500's with 4X4 you know the whole raised up about 6 inches ready for snow, mud, whatever, and i guess thats kinda what im goin for, i want a vehicle that looks strong and intimidating, i also just got a boat so i want something that can tow it with no problem, my ranger can do it but... yeah...
Old 02-16-2006, 02:56 PM

Power Lounger

As long as you have a use for all that power, that's fine.

But an accountant that drives to work and back in an F-350 Diesel is obviously compensating for something.

Old 02-16-2006, 09:46 PM

expert lounger

kinda havin second thoughts...

lol well yeah i will say that i really dont have too much of a use for the power but one thing i would like to see out of it is some better acceleration which i guess ill have to upgrade myself.

I just got the ranger back from the shop today and my dad was tellin me to punch it to test the torque converter (you know, make sure everythings working) and he was amazed at the acceleration that little truck puts out "yeah you took off like a rocket" i mean you can really feel it (the engine isn't from the same ranger, it was replaced by the factory before i got the truck)
and you can really feel and hear that thing take off its actually pretty fun. its like if you hit the pedal just right then the engine will let off for like a quarter of a second and then lay it on twice as hard i mean 0-60's around 7 seconds with a good takeoff.

i mean i filled up the gas tank on that f150 yesterday, i believe the working one is a 18 gallon tank drove it about 4-5 miles back to my house, took off in the morning and i drove it about 8-10 miles to school and back, then about 12 miles to Lapeer, Michigan and back and i have a little less than three quarters of a tank!?! and keep in mind i know and knew that thing was a gas guzzler and i only laid on the pedal once to pass a van (which was a double lane road going to a single lane) and i was still only doin 55 when i passed him... im thinkin that if you guys can convince me to keep the F150, that then im going to put in a cold air intake, and mabey straight pipe her to get better gas mileage and to hear some sweet exhaust tunes
Old 02-20-2006, 10:18 AM

expert lounger

yeah still with the 2nd thoughts

yeah the ranger got back from the shop the other day and i was driving it and wow, those boys really know how to work a tranny, that truck literally flies!!!
which again im debating

power and extended cab vs. better body and a little better traction in the winter
Old 08-26-2006, 11:40 PM

expert lounger

well, yeah i stuck with the ranger, even though winter driving SUCKS, im going to get it painted for free pretty soon (well not free, gotta buy the paint) but yeah im happy with my decision
Old 08-28-2006, 03:01 PM

Mac Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaytanic1984
i have a 99 f-150, with the 4.6L V8. it guzzles gas like no other. it as well is a regulag cab, yet very spacey. as far as beating a 350 chevy, it doesnt take much. i have smoked corvettes in my truck. and i am talking 2000+ models. dont believe me? i'll get it on video it happens the next time.

dude your sig is like 15 lines.. its supposed to be 5

Topic: ADVICE NEEDED!!! Ranger or F-150???

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.