• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Cannot upload pics on ebay using intel imac???

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

razrshrp

Hello everyone I'm new to this forum as I'm new to mac. I recently made the switch from windows to mac and so far I must say that I'm happy with my decision.. I have run into one little problem though, I noticed that ebay doesn't seem to be to safari friendly. I do sell quiet a bit on ebay but when I get to the part of adding pictures to my listing it just doesn't seem to work. I'm sure that I must be doing something wrong I just don't know what it is yet.. Please Help!!! I have the new intel imac if that makes a difference....

razrshrp

Hi thanks for the answer but I tried that also and firefox wouldn't upload pics either... I'm stumped as to what to do I would hate to return this mac and suffer back with windows but I just don't know what to do?????? When I used IE I remember that there was something that ebay had to install for pics to load I'm not sure if it works the same with mac...

razrshrp

Un- fortunately I went to the link you provided which was IE for mac and it's no longer available for download.. Bummer to think I will have to return this machine and go back to a windows unit. I cannot believe this intel imac will not work with e-bay to me thats terrible!!!

razrshrp

No I couldn't find any version of IE anywhere on the system.. It's not that I can't view pictures on ebay, it's the fact that when you go and try to sell something on ebay which is something I do a lot of, you cannot load any pictures of the item your selling. I've tried everything from scaling down the size of the pics to cropping them change there file type etc....... When you try to load a pic using ebay to sell it kicks you right out to ebay's home page. I wish someone else here has sold something on ebay so they can tell me how to get the pics loaded up????

~tl

CJNeverWinter said:
there should be a version of IE pre-installed on your Intel Mac. check the applications folder.

I'm surprised to hear that you cant view images in Firefox. a friend has an Intel Mac and she can view images on ebay without a problem.
IE hasn't been included on Mac's since Tiger started shipping with them.

TOM

CJNeverWinter

I Hunt Sock Monsters!
Website
www.moviereviewz.us
I'm running Mac OS 10.3.9

dont know what Apple calls this version. and it has IE pre-installed in it. I know Microshaft discontinued development for IE for Mac and they hadnt even updated the software in many years, but it is surprising you can no longer download it from MS webpage.

~tl

CJNeverWinter said:
I'm running Mac OS 10.3.9

dont know what Apple calls this version. and it has IE pre-installed in it. I know Microshaft discontinued development for IE for Mac and they hadnt even updated the software in many years, but it is surprising you can no longer download it from MS webpage.
Apple call 10.3 "Panther", and 10.4 "Tiger".

TOM

studogvetmed

Website
www.vandeventers.com
razrshrp said:
Un- fortunately I went to the link you provided which was IE for mac and it's no longer available for download.. Bummer to think I will have to return this machine and go back to a windows unit. I cannot believe this intel imac will not work with e-bay to me thats terrible!!!
We all need to push ebay to make their site compatible with all browsers.

Other mac browsers to attempt to see if they work are: Opera and Camino.

So sorry you've run into this terrible issue.

CJNeverwriter: When microsoft said they would stop developing IE for mac, they gave a deadline for it's final download date from their site. It was late january, early february.

zapod

Gadgeteer
I haven't exactly sold a ton of stuff on eBay, but I've never encountered a problem with Safari and the uploading of pictures.

It does take some time to process if you have several pictures to upload, so perhaps it's slower on Safari... I don't know because I don't use anything else.

I've only started using Firefox recently and chop and change between the two. But I have definately used Safari (mostly on OS 10.3.9) to do eBay stuff.

razrshrp

I'm thinking it has something to do with the new intel imac that I have. My question is do you hve an intel imac or a g5 imac or earlier? I think for some reason this is a software glitch in the intel imac!!! Let me know if anyone found anything out about ths?

zapod

Gadgeteer
It's a G5 iMac, running OSX 10.4.5, Safari ver 2.0.3... but on reflection I haven't tried selling anything on this computer... it's usually the iBook that gets used for that. And it's on Panther, using Safari 1.3.2... so no help there I'm afraid.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I have noticed some odd behaviour with Safari on our G5 iMac.
It's the way some websites determine which browser you're using, and therefor which OS.

I had my online bank website tell me that it only supported browsers IE, Firefox & Safari as if it couldn't tell that I was already using safari. I flipped to Firefox and that worked fine.

However online banking now works - but then there have been several updates to Safari since that initial observation - I'm thinking the problem has been fixed.

Sorry, but we aren't closer to solving your problem. I find it hard to believe a change of processor would affect Safari's ability to deal with particular websites.

Last edited:

kzac

Mac and e-bay

Good choice changing to mac, I did the same thing and my safari will not load e-bay pages at all.
Try the browser icab for macs, You should be ready to go from there.. just google icab