• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

The Video iPod is here!!!!!!!!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Apocalypse

http://www.macdailynews.com/

The first two links are related to how it's gonna be released next week after the 4th qtr earnings are released.

Haha. So I was wrong. They're gonna make a portable movie watcher.

Eh whatever, I'll prolly get one anyways for christmas.

hollywood2005

lol there's a post from a few weeks ago, where somebody did a photoshop rendering of what they thought a video ipod would look like...and they weren't too far off the mark.

jaydon34

Ipods are great and all but im hoping we get an intel based mac

justblaize

Musicfan21 said:
I can't wait!:D

I'm glad I didn't get the Nano!

I hope it comes in BLACK!
Same, depending on the price of the new ipod, I might get one if its under 400 bucks. But then I wont be able to get my er6i headphones :(

beadlien

iPod Video

I could never understand why the iPod Video was ridiculed by Steve Jobs. I travel on the train for an hour and a half each way every day. My eyes get very tired watching a laptop screen and I view DVDs in a window about 320 x 240 so that I can cope. This product cant come soon enough for me. If I want HD, I can watch on the laptop.
I just hope it has a phone built in too!

(I knew if I bought an iPod Photo this would happen - and it did - hurrah!)

WorstNewbie

YES! I'm so happy I could dance! Can't wait to go and purchase a 40 gig one. If an 80 gig is at a reasonable price (under 500), whoo, I might purchase that one instead.

Provboy

Maybe the curtain thing is to mislead everyone into thinking of a video ipod. it could be the unveiling of intel macs.

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
totally wrong. Steve Jobs said that officially. it will be coming out June 2006 during Paris Expo. Intel also has slight problem to release new microprocessor for intel mac until first next year. so last week Apple talked with intel about the day of supply.

Provboy

archurban said:
totally wrong. Steve Jobs said that officially. it will be coming out June 2006 during Paris Expo. Intel also has slight problem to release new microprocessor for intel mac until first next year. so last week Apple talked with intel about the day of supply.
i still think the curtain clue is too obvious for apple

beadlien

Is this a wise move?

In my humble opinion, Apple needs to be first to market with a decent personal video player to protect the intellectual property of the iPod concept. With the PSP about to have a raft of off-the-shelf video products available (i.e. the new Doctor Who Series can be bought to view/load on the PSP from high street stores now) I think the timing has been accelerated.

How can Apple continue to fight IP discussions about the iPod if many other vendors offer products that are video enabled - perhaps Steve has just had his hand forced?

I think that the iPod Video will actually service just one part of the market (i.e. me) and not effect the other lines.

If anything, the Nano, to my mind, is a little more strangely positioned. Not as funky as the mini (female market?) not as capacious or featured as the iPod Photo. And the jack at the bottom??

I also think the click-wheel is of more IP importance than the cascading menus that the iPods use, but then I'm not an intellectual property lawyer.

Can I pre-order one?

Scarpad

It's all gonna come down to the Screen and Codec support. The PSP is a pain but not impossible to encode for, supports AVC, and at least for UMD's has a killer screen. It's crippled somewhat for Memory Stick encodes. Talk has started on a Hard Drive PSP and UMD's have taken off. However I highly doubt Apple would support Divx/Xvid. If it supports it's .mov format, QT is hard to encode with and the avc support is painfully slow on a G5.