Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How I tried to hide the purchase [and failed].

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 09-10-2005, 02:45 PM

Junior Lounger

How I tried to hide the purchase [and failed].

I've had a 60GB photo for some time now. Of course I didn't NEED a Nano, but it really called out to the gadget freak in me. My wife, being much more practical minded than I, insisted that I didn't need one and I agreed that I would try to be good. Well..... I broke down and bought one. The geek in me took over and I just couldn't resist. So, earlier today I started moving some some songs over to it and my wife walks in. She said, "I thought you weren't going to buy that." I stammered for a bit and finally came back with, "I didn't. I left my 60GB in my pants pocket and it shrunk in the dryer."

Needless to say, she didn't buy it. That's OK. The sofa in my den is a pretty comfortable place to sleep.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-10-2005, 03:00 PM

Now that made me smile.

5G 80GB iPod / iPhone 4 / MacBook Pro / Last.fm /
Links to common ?'s
FAQS | Artist missing songs | iPod not Recognized Mac or PC | disable auto-sync temp. | Disk mode How to | iPod has Folder/!
Old 09-10-2005, 03:05 PM

Music Is Your Friend.

Heh :P

It looks like a lot of people are getting the nano on impulse decisions... maybe the black hypnotizes people or something

Josh

14,039 tracks; 38.2 Days, 78.73 GB || 5G 30GB Black [serviced, new refurb 10/06] || 160GB Black iPod Classic

Current Earphones: v-moda vibes
the graveyard: v-moda Remix:M (broken) // v-moda bass freqs (broken) // FJ-IPOD-E3220 (broken) // 2x stock Apple buds (broken) (think I'm rough on earbuds?)
Old 09-10-2005, 03:59 PM

Freshman Lounger

haha great stuff... i can relate.

i have a 4g 20gb that i bought in february aND definitly don't have a REAL reason to buy another ipod... but i ordered the nano 2 hours after the announcement....it was love at first sight. i didn't tell anyone untill the commercial for the nano came on at the bar a few nights later.... i had a drunken confession to my friends, who said that i may have a problem. this is the first step of being an ipodaholic, admitting that i am an ipodaholic.

Last edited by brianjameskirk; 09-10-2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:17 PM

We all have a little geek inside us wanting to buy the newest pointless gadget out on the market.

Old 09-10-2005, 08:40 PM

Music Is Your Friend.

Blasphemy! Macromedia called the nano pointless!

Josh

14,039 tracks; 38.2 Days, 78.73 GB || 5G 30GB Black [serviced, new refurb 10/06] || 160GB Black iPod Classic

Current Earphones: v-moda vibes
the graveyard: v-moda Remix:M (broken) // v-moda bass freqs (broken) // FJ-IPOD-E3220 (broken) // 2x stock Apple buds (broken) (think I'm rough on earbuds?)
Old 09-11-2005, 12:03 AM

candy cane child

Busted!!

iPod Classic "video", 4th generation 20 gig

>^..^< =^..^= ... here, kitty kitties..
Old 09-11-2005, 12:28 AM

Well the nano is pointless for some people. Also I'm referring to all those little gadgets that come out all the time which are pointless.

Old 09-11-2005, 01:39 AM

Reclined Lounger

I'd get the nano just cuz its SO COOL.

Old 09-11-2005, 06:12 AM

Pro Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by TheJosher
Blasphemy! Macromedia called the nano pointless!
damn right! and its fugly!
Old 09-11-2005, 06:56 AM

Re: How I tried to hide the purchase [and failed].

Quote:
Originally posted by DoughBoy
I've had a 60GB photo for some time now. Of course I didn't NEED a Nano, but it really called out to the gadget freak in me. My wife, being much more practical minded than I, insisted that I didn't need one and I agreed that I would try to be good. Well..... I broke down and bought one. The geek in me took over and I just couldn't resist. So, earlier today I started moving some some songs over to it and my wife walks in. She said, "I thought you weren't going to buy that." I stammered for a bit and finally came back with, "I didn't. I left my 60GB in my pants pocket and it shrunk in the dryer."

Needless to say, she didn't buy it. That's OK. The sofa in my den is a pretty comfortable place to sleep.
welcome to the lounge

you may want to check yourself into the iPod addict thread

btw good line to the wife (!?), and you're lucky the sofa is an option, and not the lawn
Old 09-12-2005, 12:59 PM

Oberon Drinker

that was a great line. i love it. i hope that sofa is a pull out.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

20" iMac Core Duo 2.0 l 60Gb iPod with Video (White) l Universal iPod Dock l iPod Radio Remote l Invisible Shield l 6023 Songs l 12 Videos
Old 09-12-2005, 01:05 PM

Classic stuff.

Before yesterday I didn't really want the nano. I have about 32GB and music and love having my entire collection with me. I didn't think I wanted or needed a 2GB or 4GB player.

Yesterday my wife and I were at a nearly mall that has an Apple store so I went inside to see the nano in person. The photos on the website do not do the nano justice. That thing is INSANELY small. As soon as I saw it I must have gotten a look in my eye that screamed "I must own this," because my wife immediately said "come on, you don't really need that, do you?"

So, since the "shrinking in the dryer" bit didn't work, what was Plan B? I might need some advice for when a new $250 charge ends up on our credit card.

| iPod Classic (6g) 160gb | Belkin Brushed Metal Case | Etymotic ER-6i | Incase Dual Charger + Travel Case |

| iPhone 3g 16GB |
Old 09-12-2005, 05:00 PM

Junior Lounger

Pay for it, then say, "I paid for it."
Old 09-12-2005, 09:11 PM

Alternative Fuel Advocate

fighting the urge is so hard.. i want a nano so abd but i also want my truck.. the pain

|1256 items|1250 songs|6 music videos|4 days|5.9 gigs |1985 Mercedes Benz 300D|1981 Delorean DMC-12|

Topic: How I tried to hide the purchase [and failed].

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.