Let's throw full beercans at Formula 1 Grand Prix cars - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Let's throw full beercans at Formula 1 Grand Prix cars

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 06-19-2005, 03:37 PM

Bob

Let's throw full beercans at Formula 1 Grand Prix cars

The ire of the crowd at the USA Grand Prix has resulted in full beercans and bottles being thrown onto the track by the crowds at Indianapolis.
OK, so the field has been cut to 6 cars due to the failure of Michelin to provide tyres for the teams not using Bridgestone as a result of safet concerns about the integrity of the Michelins. So it is a token "race", and the crowd is right to feel disappointed and even angry at the failure of the F1 teams to find some solution to this farce.
But throwing objects onto the track with cars doing 200+ mph and race marshalls having to risk their lives to retrieve these missiles is absolutely crazy.....

Bob
Old 06-19-2005, 03:47 PM

transmissions94

Sounds like a sad day for Formula 1... is also kinda amusing.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:59 PM

neb
Veteran Lounger

They should pull the plug on the whole event. It's now a farce, and the results should not contribute to the Championship. If they do, then I'll be over in my Citroen to win some money and points.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:50 PM

Reclined Lounger

That's sad. I hate when people do such moronic things as this. In my opinion, throwing a beer can/bottle at anyone is stupid and childish.

My Apple Products : iPod nano 2G RED / 17" iMac G5 / 13.3" White MacBook / 8GB iPhone 1G / 8GB iPhone 3G / 16GB iPhone 4s White / 13.3" MacBook Pro Aluminum
Old 06-19-2005, 04:58 PM

Sticky Lounger

6 Teams didn't race because of a possible safety issue, but stewards have to run out onto the middle of a racing track to pick up bottles thrown is ridiculous!

Personally I feel the FIA is to blame, OK Michelin provided faulty tyres, but solutions were available and nothing happened, I feel for the fans who were there, spent a lot of money to go, to get there, their tickets, the time, and to see what!

The way the grid was full at the start, then after the parade lap there were just 6 cars, a complete farse!

Click the image to open in full size.

3G 15GB iPod | 2G 8GB nano
Old 06-19-2005, 05:32 PM

Jackonicko
Retired

What do you expect from a nation whose moronic sports fans have been fed easy-to-digest pap for decades? They don't like Soccer, they were never going to like proper motor racing either - especially after the tyre controversy.

Old 06-19-2005, 05:34 PM

transmissions94

Quote:
they were never going to like proper motor racing either
Were they chanting "we want NASCAR!!" ??
Old 06-19-2005, 07:37 PM

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''

Give me a proper motor race over NASCAR and F1 anyday. They don't even have corners do they and nobody overtakes in F1 anymore anyway ?

Been watching Moto GP this past few seasons and that is fast becoming my favourite type of race to watch.

Owner of 4G 60gb + 1gb ipod nano -

My Last.fm

Last edited by iMacc; 06-19-2005 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:44 PM

Almost Jesus

I consider NASCAR a more of a race than F1, NASCAR is STOCK cars, like off the assembly line, but with modifications for SAFETY pretty much only.. F1 is just hyped up cars, even though it is a circle, it still is better than F1, and I have watched them both, I think they are both boring but... I'd take NASCAR over F1 anyday
Old 06-19-2005, 08:36 PM

Almost Jesus

hmmmm
Attached Thumbnails
Let's throw full beercans at Formula 1 Grand Prix cars-for_b3ta_f1_redex.jpg  
Old 06-19-2005, 08:58 PM

Technology made me fat

Jacko,

Thanks for using "Soccer" so us "dim witted Yanks" could understand you. And this comment coming from a man who most likely likes cricket, the game that makes baseball look "speedy".

So some rednecks threw a few beers on the track. Nobody died unlike at most "Soccer" matches I hear about in the evening news.

Baggss, were you in Indiana recently?

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Gilda's Club needs your help in helping people and their families deal with cancer
No stuffed felines, small boys, or iPods were harmed in the making of this signature...
Old 06-19-2005, 09:28 PM

Jackonicko
Retired

Every nation has intelligent AND moronic sports fans, my own included.

The moronic tendency were (evidently) out in force for the US Grand Prix. Only a moron would throw anything onto the track. They are clearly the sort of people who feel short changed by the Grand Prix, and who would feel equally short changed by soccer, or anything that requires a tiny bit of intelligence, staying power and effort to appreciate. There are millions of Yanks who enjoy soccer, tennis, golf, and other intelligent sports, but others enjoy WWF, American Football and Indy racing......

I'm not a cricket fan at all, but I can see that slow but skillful may have more to offer than the merely fast moving, both to the player and to the intelligent spectator.

Old 06-20-2005, 12:02 AM

Pro Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by Jackonicko
Every nation has intelligent AND moronic sports fans, my own included.

The moronic tendency were (evidently) out in force for the US Grand Prix. Only a moron would throw anything onto the track. They are clearly the sort of people who feel short changed by the Grand Prix, and who would feel equally short changed by soccer, or anything that requires a tiny bit of intelligence, staying power and effort to appreciate. There are millions of Yanks who enjoy soccer, tennis, golf, and other intelligent sports, but others enjoy WWF, American Football and Indy racing......

I'm not a cricket fan at all, but I can see that slow but skillful may have more to offer than the merely fast moving, both to the player and to the intelligent spectator.
Classifying American Football as a non-intelligent sport shows your ignorance of the matter. There is far more strategy involved in American football than in soccer, tennis, or golf.

Although I will agree with you about the target audience of indy racing and nascar in the US.

2006 Honda Accord with Griffin RoadTrip
1996 Ford Explorer with cassette adapter
Black Nano 2G 8GB
Biostar TForce550/A64 X2 @ 2.85Ghz/2GB Ram/Geforce 7900gs
Old 06-20-2005, 12:16 AM

Yummy Yummy

Far more? Lets not kid ourselves, they are equally challenging and require equal talents.

But throwing things onto a track is stupid but i think its FIA's fault totally. Its like paying to see a concert but having only the drummer play. I'd feel pretty cheated.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:48 AM

Pro Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by will1087
Far more? Lets not kid ourselves, they are equally challenging and require equal talents.

But throwing things onto a track is stupid but i think its FIA's fault totally. Its like paying to see a concert but having only the drummer play. I'd feel pretty cheated.
There is no doubt that they are all physically and mentally challenging sports. But imho with all the rules football is a more complicated game.

2006 Honda Accord with Griffin RoadTrip
1996 Ford Explorer with cassette adapter
Black Nano 2G 8GB
Biostar TForce550/A64 X2 @ 2.85Ghz/2GB Ram/Geforce 7900gs

Topic: Let's throw full beercans at Formula 1 Grand Prix cars

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.