Easy Methods to Convert WTV to MKV for Reference - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Easy Methods to Convert WTV to MKV for Reference

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-20-2017, 12:05 AM

Leawo Software
Vendor

Easy Methods to Convert WTV to MKV for Reference

"I seldom come across with WTV files and I know not so many devices or media players support this kind of files. Last week, on the countdown of national football game kick-off, I received a WTV file from my friend, which I want to convert to MKV, a more universal format to play on almost all devices. Hence, can any body give me a hint on how to convert WTV to MKV quickly and reliably? I don’t want to waste time doing this job while getting a fuzzy result."

Such problems are common online. As for such issues on how to convert WTV to MKV, This post will be exactly what you need to know about WTV and MKV, and follow detailed and effortless steps to convert WTV to MKV within several clicks.

Part 1. Know about WTV and MKV

As mentioned above, WTV files are rarely seen and used. Actually, they are created by the Stream Buffer Engine (SBE) when Windows Media Center records a television show. The WTV encodes video using MPEG-2 compression and audio using MPEG-1 Layer II or Dolby Digital AC-3 compression; they may also include descriptive metadata and digital rights management (DRM) information. On the other hand, MKV is much more familiar to all. It is a filename extension for the Matroska video format. The Matroska Multimedia Container is an open standard free container format, which can contain an unlimited number of video, audio, picture or subtitle tracks in one file. At present, MKV is a video format supported by many portable devices, including PSP, PS3, Xbox, BlackBerry, Creative ZEN and many more. From the definition and application difference between WTV and MKV, you may properly understand why many people like to convert WTV to MKV. Yes, for streaming files more adaptively and freely on a wider range of devices and media players. Convert WTV to MKV is increasingly popular. But how can we achieve converting WTV to MKV efficiently and reliably? The following two solutions may help.

Part 2. Convert WTV to MKV with WTV to MKV online converter

Firstly, there are a variety of WTV to MKV online converters available. If you Google how to convert WTV to MKV in a quick way, the top answers may be some online freeware such as Zamzar, FileZigZag, Online Converter, etc, among which I will take Online Converter as an example to guide you to convert WTV to MKV step by step.

Step 1: Click Online Converter to go to the website.

Step 2: Upload the WTV to the internet.

Paste a correct and valid URL or directly select the WTV file from your computer to upload it to the internet. You have both options from the Source dropdown list.

Step 3: Convert WTV to MKV.

Click the button Convert and after conversion completes, this WTV to MKV converter will redirect a web page to show the conversion result.

Click the image to open in full size.

Note that almost all online freeware have a very limited file size for users and uploading and downloading of the file takes much time. Worst of all, network connectivity should be really strong otherwise the conversion may let you waste a lot of time or even fails in the end. To avoid this kind of problems, I will introduce another powerful solution to you to effortlessly and efficiently convert WTV to MKV within several clicks.

Part 3. Convert WTV to MKV with WTV to MKV converter

My solution recommended for you is to find some third party program to help deal with file conversion in one stop. Leawo Video Converter is a powerful and versatile program in this category, which supports more than 180 formats ranging from video files in WTV, MP4, H.265 MP4, MKV, H.265 MKV, MOV, etc to audio files in AAC, AC3, WAV, MP3, WMA, FLAC, etc. With this powerful video converter, users are free to take the advantage of a series of editing features to make their output file one step closer to perfection and retain the output file the same quality as the original file, not leaving any compromise on quality loss. Now check out detailed steps to convert WTV to MKV with this powerful video converter.

Step 1: Download and install the program.

Click to download the program, after which install and launch it on your computer. A few minutes will be sufficient for the installation.

Step 2: Add the WTV file.

Directly drag the WTV or click “Add Video” from the menu bar to import the file to the “Convert” interface.

Step 3: Change the target output format to MKV.

Click “Change” under the format dropdown menu. A “Profile” panel will be displayed, where you could find exactly MKV from the “Format” category or enter MKV in the quick search box on the left to locate the target output file.

Step 4: Edit the WTV file.

To make the output MKV file one step closer to perfection, click Edit under the format dropdown menu to set parameters such bit rate, codec, ratio etc.

Step 5: Convert WTV to MKV.

Click the big green button Convert. A pop-up window will display and let you specify a directory to save the output MKV file. After getting it done, click the bottom round button Convert to start converting WTV to MKV. The file will be ready once the conversion completes.

The above two solutions can be very handy and effective for you to convert WTV to MKV. From my point of view, Leawo Video Converter turns out to be more reliable and efficient than online freeware. You can have a try and figure out which suits you better.

Topic: Easy Methods to Convert WTV to MKV for Reference

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.