How to Transfer Ringtone from iPad to iPhone - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How to Transfer Ringtone from iPad to iPhone

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 08-21-2017, 11:16 PM

Leawo Software
Vendor

How to Transfer Ringtone from iPad to iPhone

How to Transfer Ringtone from iPad to iPhone

"How to transfer ringtones from iPad to iPhone – Hi there, I just purchased a ringtone from iTunes, using my iPad. I can see under Settings- General- Sounds- Ringtones. However, I can’t seem to find it when I open the iTunes on my iPad. There is no ‘Tones’ section, it’s also not under the ‘Purchased’ section. When I buy music from iTunes using the iPad, it’s all automatically sync-ed to my iPhone, why it’s not the same with ringtones? I would like to transfer this ringtone to my iPhone, but no idea how to do it. Can anyone please help? thanks very much."

Many Apple iOS device users would come across such kind of questions. It is very easy to transfer ringtone from iPad to iPhone. You could sync ringtone from iPad to iPhone if you’ve already purchased the ringtone on iTunes store. You could also sync ringtone from iPad to iPhone with the help of iTunes. Or, you could even make use of some ringtone transfer apps to transfer ringtone from iPad to iPhone without iTunes.

If you purchase ringtones from iTunes Store on iPad, the purchased ringtones would automatically appear on your iPhone only when you sign in with the same Apple ID. If this doesn’t happen, you could refer to the below content to learn how to transfer ringtone from iPad to iPhone without or with iTunes.

Part 1: How to Transfer Ringtone from iPad to iPhone with iTunes

If you have purchased ringtones on iTunes Store on iPad and the ringtones don’t show up on your iPhone, it would be easy for you to sync ringtone from iPad to iPhone with the help of iTunes. The below steps would show you how to transfer ringtone from iPad to iPhone with iTunes, supposing you’ve already purchased the ringtones:

1. Connect your iPad to computer with the USB cable for iPad.
2. Open iTunes on computer and then you will see the iPad on the left sidebar.
3. Right click the iPad tab and then choose "Transfer Purchases" button. Then all purchased items, including ringtone, will be synced to iTunes library.
Click the image to open in full size.
4. Disconnect your iPad with computer once the transfer is finished.
5. Connect your iPhone to computer and then you will see your iPhone icon on the sub-menu bar of iTunes.
6. Click the iPhone icon, and go to "Settings > Tones" tab.
7. Check "Sync Tones" option and then decide to sync All tones or Selected tones.
8. After selecting tones to transfer, click the "Apply" button to transfer ringtones from iTunes to iPhone.
In this way, all purchased ringtones from iPad tablet would be synced to iPhone with the help of iTunes. If you still have other ringtones on iPad you’ve got from other sources, you need to turn to the below content.

Part 2: How to Transfer Ringtone from iPad to iPhone without iTunes

If you want to transfer custom ringtones from iPad to iPhone, iTunes won’t help. You need to make use of 3rd-party iOS data transfer app to do this. That means, you have to learn how to transfer ringtone from iPad to iPhone without iTunes. Luckily, you get a lot of iOS data transfer app options, among which Leawo iTransfer is the most top-rated. iTransfer is a professional iOS data transfer and manager software app that could help you transfer data and files between iPhone, iPad, iPod, iTunes and computer. It supports up to 14 types of data and files, ringtones included.

Download and install this iTransfer on your computer. Then, follow the below steps to learn how to transfer ringtone from iPad to iPhone without iTunes but iTransfer.

Step 1. Launch the software
Run the software and connect your iPad and iPhone devices to computer with USB cables. You could see your iPad and iPhone on the left sidebar.

Step 2. Choose ringtones from iPad to transfer
Go to " iPad > Library > Ringtones" tab to select ringtones from iPad for transferring to iPhone. Check them and then right click to choose "Transfer to > iPhone" option, or click the "Transfer" icon at the bottom right corner. You could choose either purchased ringtones or custom ringtones as you like.

Step 3. Choose target iPhone
On the following popup window, check the "Transfer to list" option and then choose your iPhone as target in the "Transfer to list" drop-down box. After choosing target iPhone, click the "Transfer Now" button.

Step 4. Transferring ringtones from iPad to iPhone
Then you will see a window that is transferring ringtones from iPad to iPhone directly.

With Leawo iTransfer, you could transfer multiple data and files like music, video, photos, etc. between iOS devices, iTunes and computer. If you’re using a Mac computer, you could make use of Leawo iTransfer for Mac.

Last edited by Leawo Software; 08-22-2017 at 02:44 AM.

Topic: How to Transfer Ringtone from iPad to iPhone

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.