Certificates on ebay...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

jasontq

I just want to know, how is it that these people on ebay are getting gift certificates of 200 dollars and selling them for aroun 100.

I want to buy one so bad, but I am just leary of it.

The people who are selling them are getting good feedback, so the deal looks legit. I just want to know how it is possible.

One thing i notice, is that they are in canada, but the certificates are for use in america.

thenerd

they look ok... I'd just be sure they work in the USA since they the seller is from Candada

anypats

A lot of times businesses use them as perks so no matter what they sell for is profit for the seller. You may want to try and buy a lower value one to make sure the seller is reputable or try to contact people that have purchased from them already. If everything looks good then you could go for the higher value ones.

jasontq

Well, I bought one. Had some scary moments at the beginning when paypal said that the user was unable to accept payment. I thought the account had been locked. So I immediately flipped. I was on the horn with ebay, paypal, the seller and everything. But we ended up getting it worked out and voila.

Got it for 70 bucks. Man, you cant beat 35 cents a song in the end.

thenerd

i also got one for $86. It worked out fine. I now have $200 in my iTunes account.

jasontq

Funny, I was outbid on one yesterday i believe it was. The winner got it for 86 bucks. hmmm...

but yeah, its a great deal, im proud of the find.

jasontq

@zsmith, i was just commenting. what a coincidence... No worries.

I do have a question though, on your certificate, did you get an email and have to click the link? Or did you get an actual code?

@gadgetguru, there are only 3 left, you better hurry, you might want to try to snipe one. And although there are only 3 left at the moment, there is this one person who claims to have more. He lists them for buy-it-now for 100 bucks out of canada, so look for his. Still, $0.50 a song is still good.

thenerd

i recieved a code in the email. I went to iTunes to enter the code. Now in the top hand corner it says i have

9 Songs+ $200

The 9 songs have come from the Pepsi promo

GadgetGuru72

They appear to be going in the $110-115 range now.

I wanna be like jasontq and get one for $70. Now that everyone on this board knows about them I'm sure the sellers will be happy. ;)

GadgetGuru72

I'm starting to become a little skeptical of these codes.

One guy claims he doesn't need to codes because he doesn't have an iPod. Well, if he has hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of free music codes, why doesn't he buy an iPod?? Also, you don't need an iPod to enjoy the music.

Also, all the people selling these gift certificates seem to have less than 10 feedback ratings.

Is it possible these people are somehow generating counterfeit codes that appear to work, but will get cancelled once Apple figures out they're counterfeit?

Have any of you actually used your codes? Not just redeemed them to your account, but actually used them?

I really want to believe that I can get in on such a good deal, but I'm a little skeptical.

GadgetGuru72

zsmith66 said:
i bought my $200 code from the guy who says he dosn't have an iPod.
example. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31411&item=5565908887&rd=1

his feedback is all positive from the people who have bought the codes.

i bough the new kieser chiefs (spelling???) cd last night and it worked perfectly. Instead of having 9 Songs + $200 it now says

"9 Songs + $190.01"
Well, that's pretty good evidence these things are legit -- but I still have a bad feeling about them.

He's apparently had at least 10 of them, which is $2000 in free music. If I had $2000 in free iTunes codes, I'd go buy an iPod and have tons of free music for it.

I don't know, maybe I'm just too cynical.

If I can get one in the $70-85 range, I'll take the plunge and give it a shot. I don't think I'll go over $100, though, even though that still would be a good deal.

thenerd

yes it does seem a bit odd how these people can get their hands on so many gift certificates. I randomly bought it before i had time to think how legit this might be but it seems to be ok.

GadgetGuru72

Well, I've got a few in my eBay "watch" folder and I'm gonna try to get one in the $70-85 range.

Please post back if you end up having problems your with code.

thenerd

i will... i plan to buy some more cd's tonight so if anything goes wrong i'll post.

good luck in getting one of your own

jasontq

Yes, I was a bit skeptical myself. I thought for about 2 weeks on this deal, They come and go you know. I have seen them go for $70-$160. I felt comfortable paying 70 for it, because I have spent more on less, if you know what i mean...

When I got mine, it was a link - not a 12 digit code. The guy forwarded me an email that had a link and i click the link, itunes fired up and said "You are about to credit Jason's acount for $200" Or something to that effect. I clicked ok, and there it was, [20 Songs + $200]. So from there I felt good about it.

zmith answered a question of mine as to whether pepsitunes or the actual balance would be deducted when you purchase an album.

I didnt understand where they were getting them from either... When I asked one of them a question, this is what i got

I sell them 100$ because I get some certificate free and
I cannot use them because I'm from Canada.
Take it for what its worth.

I have not been able to use my 200 balance yet, because im still working on my pepsitunes -- ive still got like 25 of them.

thenerd

well i bought another album and everything seems to be going ok. down to $180.11