Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How to *re-enable* the delete playlist/song confirmations in iTunes *for Windows*...?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-13-2005, 03:37 PM

Freshman Lounger

Question How to *re-enable* the delete playlist/song confirmations in iTunes *for Windows*...?

Hi people.

I'd like to know if ANYONE knows how to re-enable the "delete playlist" (and "delete song") confirmation dialogs in iTunes *for Windows*.

I saw the post "How to restore song delete confirmation?" by piggy in the Forum Archive, but though I followed what was suggested, nothing that was suggested, actually worked.

... And just so no-one says to try the following measures, already tried 'em with no success!! ;o))):

1. I first tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes. Nada.

2. I found and deleted the file C:\Documents and Settings\<USERID>\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunes.pref.

2. I stopped the iTunesHelper app in TaskManager and (as well as the iPodService app. This caused iTunes to ask some setup questions on restart, but alas, it did not solve the problem!!).

3. After doing steps 2 & 3, I restarted iTunes. Nothing doing, though; business as usual, meaning that playlists are simply deleted when you hit 'Del' (usually, accidentally) with no confirmation.

I've searched far and wide across the web - and tried Apple's own forums; nada. I even wanted to email Apple's tech support, but of course, I found NO WAY to contact them about general stuff like this; it was all the usual support contract stuff - which, of course, you need to pay the earth for (and which wouldn't support this kind of issue anyway, looking at what's on offer). This, of course, sucks, but I'm not here to file grievances against Apple for crap support; I just want delete confirmation before I accidentally do away with more of my playlists!!

Can *ANYONE* help with a solution which they definitely KNOW will work....??? Surely this MUST be a common problem...

TIA.

i.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-13-2005, 03:43 PM

Welcome to the lounge. The dialog box that appears in iTunes can be enable by going to your account in iTunes via the 'username@email.com' link. Just click on it and when your in your acc't, scroll down and you will see a button to reset the all dialog boxes in iTunes.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:54 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for the swift reply. Sadly, however, your suggestion is only relevant for those dialogs which occur when purchasing music from iTunes, not the confirmation dialogs concerned with deleteing your playlists within iTunes.

Thanks again for the reply though.

i.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:43 PM

Freshman Lounger

Honeybee1236: FYI, I found the "solution" to the problem of re-enabling the playlist delete confirmation dialogs in iTunes.

It WAS the same procedure as had been suggested (and which I'd already tried without apparent success), but I'd orignally only tried deleteling EMPTY playlists - which you DON'T get a confirmation for!

However I tried putting some tunes in one and deleting it and voila; it worked a peach.

I've submitted a detailed post to the iTunes Windows forum pointing out the above - and exactly what else to do prior to this (acknowledging the original solution poster of course!) so others don't flounder in the dark, too!

Just thought you might like to be made aware of this for future questions of a similar nature (I'm sure it will continue to be a common issue!!) which you might want to answer, as you did for me.

Regards,

i.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:45 PM

Thanks for posting your solution to the problem. I know it will help others.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:09 PM

Freshman Lounger

Red face Does not work for me

I went to the iTunes online store and followed the directions carefully.
Then I created (several times) a new playlist which I filled with some songs.
When I delete the new playlist, no confirmation is offered, the playlist just
goes away.

I have iTunes 7.0.2 on Windows XP.

Can anyone suggest a way to get this confirmation for deleting
a playlist back?

Thanks,
Jed

Topic: How to *re-enable* the delete playlist/song confirmations in iTunes *for Windows*...?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.