redownload itunes purchased? no longer have access to orig computer

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

carrieleigh29

Thank you. i quit my job which required turning in my lap top. i had used that to initially set up my ipod and downloaded a fair amount of music from itunes. how can i download them again? i'm not sure how i can authorize my new computer, since i don't have access to the old one. thanks for your help!

Welcome to the lounge. You can't download the songs a second time. If they are on your iPod then you can transfer them from the iPod to the PC. You are to always burn your downloaded iTMS to a blank disk so that you can have a back up of the songs.

You don't have to contact support to authorize a computer to play iTMS.
To authorize a PC, just click on an iTMS song and a box will open for you to input you Apple ID (user name & email address) plus your password. This will authorize the songs.

You can use #1 in sig to do the transfer. It's a detailed article on how to copy music from iPod to PC. or
-you can use YamiPod (http://www.yamipod.com) or
-iPod Agent (http://www.ipodsoft.com/software.aspx)

bdb

On the B side of life
You know, this is a really, really, really important point. I've read a few times about people who've lost music and want to try to download it again. Funny thing, I don't even see this in the FAQ.

There are an awful lot of people buying their first iPod, and a few "gotchas" like this that will turn up time and again. Seems like a really short newbie guide would be nice, i.e. things to know your first week.

carrieleigh29

i forgot to mention that i erased all my music when i synched up with my new laptop. it's easy enough to import the CDs i own, but one would think that i could re-download the itunes i purchased. appparently that is not the case. :( i had hoped i could authorize my new computer, this makes no sense to me!

Then you don't need to authorize iTunes you need to contact iTMS customer service and see if they will allow you to redownload your music. That's the only thing you can do since you didn't burn your downloads to a disk which is something you should have done.

carrieleigh29

itunes customer support RULES!!! i went to the website and they authorized my downloadingo of the music i had initially downloaded. so nice!!!!

jMc777

carrieleigh29 said:
itunes customer support RULES!!! i went to the website and they authorized my downloadingo of the music i had initially downloaded. so nice!!!!

:)

How big was your purchased collection? How many songs did you get to re-download? (If you don't mind me asking)

dcmacnut

Website
www.redwildshow.com
Customer support obviously took pity on your for something outside your control -- the loss of your original computer. Good to hear it worked out for you. But please do what honeybee says -- make a back up of those files ASAP. Support is not going to be so generous a 2nd time.