Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Drag and drop won't work

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-22-2004, 08:52 PM

Freshman Lounger

Drag and drop won't work

Ok, guys please have some patience with me because i'm new to the whole ipod scene, i just got mine yesterday. First of all i have a 15gb 3rd gen ipod and i'm running windows xp. i have all my cds stored on my computer and i'm trying to transfer them to the library in itunes. But when i drag a folder from my hard drive and try to drop it in my irunes library nothing happens. I also tried to import the folder the long way by using the file tab and still nothing happened. Please help.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 12-22-2004, 09:09 PM

Atlanta Falcons!

Try this. Open Itunes. Go to file>Import then select the file in which your songs are located. Try to put all your songs in the same folder. Then select a song and import it in to Itunes. Then the drag might work. Good Luck.

Old 12-24-2004, 09:04 AM

Freshman Lounger

ok. i am having another problem now. I'm in the process of converting my cd collection over to mp3, and i have found that the cds i converted won't load on my ipod, but i have a few mp3 dvds that my friend made for me that have about 50 albums on each dvd and those load fine without problem. What is the problem.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:07 AM

what are you using to convert? what size?

usually the ipod will accept any file in one of the accepted formats

"I do not fear computers. I fear lack of them." my band: slave called shiver
Old 12-24-2004, 05:54 PM

Freshman Lounger

i think the program i used was db music converter, but i found what my problem was. The cds were loading on my ipod but under different names (they are downloaded from kazaa) so i didn't recognize the files. So i guess my next question is, is there anyway for me to rename the mp3 files so that the artist, song name and album come up when it plays? because right now it just says "track 1" when it plays. thanks for the help.

Topic: Drag and drop won't work

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.