Ripping CDs that don't start on track 1?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

KidDynamite

I think this may be a unique problem...I tried searching and couldn't find anything. I hope I can explain it well enough that you understand the problem I'm having. I'm using Windows XP Home and iTunes 4.7, if that helps.

Anyway, I'm ripping all my CDs into iTunes in anticipation of getting an iPod in January. I have a 2-CD set where disc one contains tracks 1-13 and disc two contains tracks 14-26. The problem is that rather than disc two starting over for the purposes of that disc (i.e., being 13 tracks numbered 1-13), the disc actually starts playing on track 14. I guess they were trying to be clever or something, but it's a nightmare to rip. Regular CD players recognize it, but neither iTunes nor Windows Media recognize there being any tracks on the CD. Is there any way I can rip this?

taboo8614

hear it what you can do

-search the cd for the music files then just burn them to a cd

-record the racks by playing on your computer or cd player then having your computer record from that source

-try nero (does meny wounders www.nero.com)

-search www.download.com for a cd riping program

but yea this is an odd thing i have never herd of any one doing this withat is the cd?

mlts22

Try Exact Audio Copy -- I'm pretty sure that should be able to rip the tracks.