Brurning MP3 CDs from ACC files???

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

nickbee

So I'm wiring up my Alpine in the car now getting ready for the Ipod I'm buying at the end of the month. I figured I'd get a head start ripping my CDs into my computer. I'm using the ACC encoding at 196bps (This seems to be the sweet-spot for sound from what I've read on here).

While I'm waiting till the end of the month I'd like to burn a few MP3 CDs since my alpine will play them. I set the burning pref to MP3, go to burn playlist, tells me "No songs on this playlist can be burned to CD". I guess it's not that easy.... Do I have to convert these files to MP3 1st? Can iTunes do this?

Thanks!

bdb

On the B side of life
Since no one else has answered...

You could also consider converting them to MP3 with dbPowerAmp. I've used it to convert unprotected M4As, which should be the same as AAC. It does a nice job of it. That's the problem with AAC - not much besides the iPod & computer can read them.

One other issue you might run into - car MP3 players tend to be crap in comparison to portable or software players. They typically have poor navigation capabilities, and only read by filename (so you have to put numbers at the beginning of the filename to make them play in order). My Panasonic can't read 192kbps VBR MP3s reliably...I keep everything at 128kbps CBR (it sounds pretty good in the car, though), so before you convert a whole lot you might want to stop by the store & make sure it'll play.

Changing CDs in the car is a pain, and its really nice having 12 hours of music on one CD!

kimweston

sorry to butt in

I don't know if you got an answer to your problem but i'm having the problem of converting my aac files to a format where i can burn them on to cd for my car. Any ideas?

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
I ran into this same problem last night when Burning some AAC files I d/l'd from iTunes to a CD for my wife. It wouldn't let me convert them to MP3 or to burn them to an MP3 CD. I was able to burn them to CD when I selected "Data" CD/DVD in iTunes prefs. There are 2 ways I know of to get around this and do what the original poster wanted to do:

1: Burn the AAC files to an Audio CD and then Re-Import

2. Get rid of the DRM on the AAC files (I use hymn on the Mac) and then use a 3rd party converter to convert them to MP3 (iTunes won't let you convert them even with the DRM stripped off) and THEN reimport the MP3 files into iTunes.

Apple has purposely made this as difficult as posable, you just have to find a way around it.

kimweston,

You should be able to select "Audio CD" in iTunes "Burning" prefs, then create a playlist of the AAC files you want to burn, and burn them as an Audio CD fine.

Last edited:

kimweston

postscript

It would appear from all your help (ps. Ta) that it will be easier to re download from the originals into Win Med Player and burn from there.
Seems such a waste of effort. From now on I will make up CDs this way and then download after burning to Itunes for the IPOD.
:( :(

CGAR

You can convert unprotected aac files to mp3 in itunes. Just set your importing preference to mp3 and select a bit rate. Then when you right click on an aac encoded song you will get an option to convert to mp3.

For converting aac songs from the itunes music store you need to burn them to an audio cd and then reimport as a mp3.