itunes playlist playback issue - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: itunes playlist playback issue

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-06-2018, 08:32 AM

Freshman Lounger

itunes playlist playback issue

Like many others I play my music in my car via Bluetooth from my iphone (Currently iphone 8 but had same issue on others) using itunes, the music automatically starts playing though my in car unit once the car has started. I have a specific playlist I like to listen to i select the playlist and it plays no problem. However once I turn off the car the music stops mid tune and will pick up again from the same spot once I start up the car, all good so far, except that's where it goes wrong because the following tunes played are not from the selected playlist but just anything from the library usually in alphabetical order. So I then need to re-select the playlist and away we go again. Any ideas why?
Old 10-06-2018, 01:31 PM

If you close the music app, then the app no longer knows where it left off. So don't kill it off to stay in the same place.

The other issue could be that you used the app for something else, then when reconnecting to the car, it has no idea what you want, so picks the first song in the library.

I may have to test this with a car to see what results I get.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 10-06-2018, 01:35 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for the responses, I don't close the app in between car stops and only turn the phone off at the end of the day, I would have thought that once the playlist is selected it would play from the list for the remainder of the day. iTunes and the phone get backed up daily.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:41 PM

Turning the phone off (powering down) would have the same effect as killing the app.

So you are seeing this between stops. That is weird. I would think it would remember too. I guess I have to go out and play with a car to see what happens. I have some errands to do, so that should be a similar test.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 10-07-2018, 02:44 AM

It retained the playlist for me. Not sure.

Tested with iPhone XS so the results could be different. Used the playlist in the car. Paused just when exiting the car. Used a different app (Pokemon Go, Any List) returned to the car, song was still selected and ready to play. Played when unpaused.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:13 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks for trying not sure why it happens, had the issue with previous iPhone 6 on the same car audio unit too so perhaps it's an issue with the car unit but can't think how, it's bazaar

Topic: itunes playlist playback issue

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.