Custom Apple Music mix playlists gone - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Custom Apple Music mix playlists gone

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-01-2018, 04:08 AM

Senior Lounger

Custom Apple Music mix playlists gone

Hello all, so I have a strange problem that has only recently appeared. I used to have custom Apple music mixes, favourites updated every Tuesday, new music every Friday and chill every Sunday. First my favorite vanished, then new music and now the chill has vanished - oddly enough after it refreshed on Sunday it disappeared on a Monday. This is on both my iPhone and iTunes on my iMac and I have not changed anything else.

Has this happened to anyone else and is it a bug with me or an Apple backend issue? I just updated to iOS 11.3 and MacOS 10.13.4 and no change.
Old 04-01-2018, 11:46 AM

I refuse to pay for Apple Music, so I have to read other posts on it to get you help.

What the common advice was, that didn't seem to work is to turn off and on iCloud Music Library. Just in case it actually helps in your case.

One person saw success by logging out of iTunes and App Store and logging back in. Though I can't see how that would fix anything.

The other advice for disappearing playlists was to add a single song to your collection, without putting it into a playlist. That seemed to bring the playlists back. There were mixed results on this.

I found a page on Geek.com saying turning off and on Apple Music, or reboot, or reset should resolve it. This kind of makes sense.

Of course Apple has their help:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205919
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204406

I guess you can post to say which worked.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 04-02-2018, 12:26 PM

Senior Lounger

None of the above actually. I just read somewhere you have to actively "engage" in loving or disliking songs/albums and connect with more artists. I did that liking/ disliking a whole bunch of songs and connecting with a few more artists. All of a sudden the "Favourite" mix shows up. I think the fact I didn't listen for a month due to personal issues affected the algorithm.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:05 PM

Great! I am glad that resolved it for you.

Yet another reason to not use the service. I have to give opinions on tracks to see my music. Give me a local list and I am good.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: Custom Apple Music mix playlists gone

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.