Smart Playlist live updating not so live? - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Smart Playlist live updating not so live?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-22-2018, 10:40 PM

Freshman Lounger

Smart Playlist live updating not so live?

I'm trying to create a mix of songs on my iPod limited to:

* 250 songs rated 5 stars
* 150 songs rated 4 stars
* 100 songs rated 3 stars
* 500 songs with no rating

I've created a seperate smart playlist for each of the above, and one playlist that I've synced to the iPod which combines all of the above playlists into one.

My problem is that I selected "live updating" for each of the four playlists above, expecting a different selection of songs to appear whenever I click on the smart playlist in iTunes. That doesn't seem to be happening. I'm just getting the same songs every time I sync the iPod.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I'm hoping for the iPod to "refresh" itself with new tracks every time I sync.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:41 AM

You need some that changes in the playlists to make them change on updates. I typically use Not Played in the Last xx Days for example. Changing the xx value based on my desires, 5* is allowed back in after 7 days, 4* 10 days, 3* 30 days, etc.

Played Date is something that will change each time the song is listened to, not much else changes.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: Smart Playlist live updating not so live?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.