downloaded media player wont play - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: downloaded media player wont play

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-31-2018, 02:36 PM

Freshman Lounger

downloaded media player wont play

HELP PLEASE !I am working on a valentines present for my husband and need a certain video downloaded that unfortunately youtube didn't have. After downloading a dozen adobe flash players which didnt seem to work I downloaded NGplayer for MAC. I got it downloaded and went through all the instructions but it is still not downloading. It says failed to obtain video click the record button (which just records the page I am using0 to record it The videos can be downloaded only after login in the website via Safari. I have signed in to the website I am recording from but stil I cant download I get the same message. I am using wondershare if that helps What am i not doing or is there another player I can download? Thanks for the help.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:21 PM

I am guessing you already know that it is a flash video for sure. Which makes it difficult to use and play.

You probably want to convert the Flash Video to another format like MP4 and there are several websites that can take a URL and download the video in the format you want.

I have used Flash Video Converter - Convert FLV to MP3, SWF Converter in the past. It seemed to be successful.
You will probably need to be logged into the site with the video.
Then open a new tab to one of these flash video converter sites.
Copy the URL to the video from the first tab and paste into the converter page.
Set your conversion options.
Save the result when it is done.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:22 AM

Freshman Lounger

THANKS so much

Topic: downloaded media player wont play

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.