iTunes 12.7 removes Music Videos from the Albums from whence they came - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iTunes 12.7 removes Music Videos from the Albums from whence they came

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-16-2017, 06:47 PM

Freshman Lounger

iTunes 12.7 removes Music Videos from the Albums from whence they came

I’ve always included music videos with the albums from which they came. I typically identified them as being from “disc 2” so that in Album view they’d play after the music portion of the album.

For example, David Bowie’s amazing music video “Lazarus” from the album Blackstar was tagged as "disc 2" so I could listen to the album and then the music videos from that album would play. Sometimes the videos came from Vimeo (m4v) or were turned into m4vs by myself from the DVD portion of CD+DVD albums.

Until iTunes 12.7, these music videos appeared in iTunes’ Albums view as they should, perfectly. No problems. It was awesome.

But in iTunes 12.7 (Mac), the music videos have been torn out of the Album view! Music Videos appear in a sidebar tab of their own, isolated and out of context, away from the albums they are meant to be in. And they can’t even be grouped under an album title in this isolated Music Video area.

So, my question - is there any way to get Albums to once again include the music videos that are meant to be part of the Albums?

As a temporary workaround (and I do not mean to suggest I'd be satisfied with a workaround) I created a Smart Playlist that would serve all content with a “Media Kind - Music” or “Media Kind - Music Videos”. However, it does not work. It fails to include many of the Music Videos, and I have not determined exactly where it goes wrong, but, it goes wrong. First impression is that any albums that are entirely music videos but have no corresponding audio albums - such as concert videos - fail to be included. A non-Smart Playlist isn’t practical - I’m adding more music videos every time I become a fan of a new album.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:52 PM

Freshman Lounger

Update: Although all music videos are missing in Album view, they are present in Song view correctly with the album from which they came. This again suggests that this is some kind of oversight that will be fixed, and music videos will again appear in Album view soon.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:24 PM

bugreport.apple.com - log it. They do fix our bugs...

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 09-17-2017, 04:25 PM

Freshman Lounger

Good idea. I'm not a developer (I'm assuming that is why I cannot sign into bugreport), so I filed feedback instead of a proper bug report.

I'm not sure if feedback ever makes it beyond customer service, though.

So if anyone else can sign into bugreport, I encourage you to do so. Thanks!
Old 09-17-2017, 05:47 PM

Logged. 34482606 I don't think we can see others bugs, so I didn't provide a link.

I may need additional information when they start responding. I may need to PM you for details.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 09-18-2017, 06:50 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmnews View Post
I may need to PM you for details.
Thanks! I'll be around
Old 11-01-2017, 11:35 AM

Freshman Lounger

cjm thanks! Today's update of iTunes (mac 12.7.1.14) has fixed the problem, so, our bug report worked.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:34 PM

Looks like there is another fix for another bug I logged as well. Though they did not fix the one I wanted fixed the most.

Waiting for Apple to report these bugs fixed to me.

Topic: iTunes 12.7 removes Music Videos from the Albums from whence they came

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.