Can I Watch iTunes 1080P Movies on my HDTV? - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Can I Watch iTunes 1080P Movies on my HDTV?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 08-28-2017, 11:59 PM

Freshman Lounger

Can I Watch iTunes 1080P Movies on my HDTV?

Hi, I recently bought a HD smart TV, is it possible for me to enjoy my iTunes 1080P movies on it? I tried but it doesn't seem to work. Any comments will be appreciated.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:28 AM

What are you using to play the 1080p iTunes movies?

Suggestions are:
Apple TV - a box that enables your iTunes library that your computer hosts to be utilized on your TV through an HDMI port.
Laptop / Media PC - a computer with access to your iTunes library that is plugged into your TV's HDMI port.
iPad / iPhone - if you have the 1080p video on the device you might be able to cast it to a smart TV.

From what I have seen there is no app on a smart TV that allows this type of streaming. Mostly because the movies are encrypted and need iTunes or an Apple device to decrypt.

I have used the second suggestion successfully, and have family that uses the first suggestion all the time.

The third suggestion should work, this is how some of my family streams Netflix, though we have not tried with an iTunes Movie. I am not a fan of this because it uses storage on the iPhone / iPad, plus battery to stream.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: Can I Watch iTunes 1080P Movies on my HDTV?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.