Equalizer enabled or not?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

357mag

When I click the View button and scroll down and tell iTunes to show my Equalizer the thing is on and my preset is there.

But I noticed that when I play an album and click on a song and look at Get Info there is a small box that says Equalizer and it shows off.

When I tick the box there is no difference in sound!

Why is this redundant box there when I already told iTunes to use my Equalizer preset?

This just serves to confuse me. Can you shed some light on this small check box that is visible on every song?

cjmnews

Staff member
The View button is showing you an iTunes wide Equalizer. Which is the setting for current listening session.

The Get Info equalizer is a per song setting.

The sound does not change because your iTunes Equalizer is the one being used and the per song setting is being overridden.

More Advanced use:

iPods and iTunes have a setting call the Flat Equalizer. If you have that as your default for the device, then when you play a song with a song specific equalizer it will switch to the song's equalizer.

I suppose if you have a playlist of all Pop music, setting the iTunes Equalizer to Pop makes sense and would work. But if you have a shuffled playlist of various types of music, you'll find that Classical under a Rock Equalizer does not sound right. So you set the Equalizer per track (or groups of tracks, select a bunch, right click one of the selected, go to the Options tab, and update selected to the same Equalizer), and leave the iTunes/iPhone/iPad to Flat, then the equalizer will change based on the song that is playing. Good for some of those overwhelming bass songs that need Bass Reducer instead of Pop or Rock.