How to upload ineligible smart playlists okay to upload in iCloud library - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How to upload ineligible smart playlists okay to upload in iCloud library

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-15-2017, 02:26 PM

Junior Lounger

How to upload ineligible smart playlists okay to upload in iCloud library

Hi all,
I have several playlists. In order to make a mix of those plyalists, I put them into a smart playlist and restrict that smart playlist to 250 songs not played in the last month. That way I want to acces that smart playlist on my iphone or ipad so I can download it for offline use.

However Itunes (Windows) shows the ineligible icon (clowd with a crossed line) next to the smart playlist and it refuses to upload it into the icloud library. Even though the songs are all either purchased, matched or from Apple Music.
Media is music also.

How do I make sure the smart playlists gets uploaded into the icloud music library, so I can access it on my iphone and ipad?

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:58 PM

I have seen a number of possible issues:
1. Not all the tracks are in iCloud (You may need to download them from iCloud to be allowed)
2. Not all the tracks are music (unfortunately you have to be sure music videos are excluded)
3. Low quality tracks can't be part of the list (Apple refuses to match low quality tracks)
4. Playlists can't depend on playlists (I saw a reference to this, no real data behind it)

If it is the last one, you can try making sure all the playlists are in iCloud Music, and all the tracks in those playlists are in iCloud music to see if that works. Otherwise I think you may have found a limitation.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: How to upload ineligible smart playlists okay to upload in iCloud library

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.