Smart playlist menu does not work - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Smart playlist menu does not work

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-07-2017, 01:44 PM

Junior Lounger

Smart playlist menu does not work

Hi all,

I wanted to create a new smart playlist in Itunes. I have the recent version 12.5.4. I want to create a new smart playlist based on a combination of other playlists. So in the menu to make the playlist I tick "playlist" and the menu automatically shows my music library. However, when I want to scroll down in my music library to select a certain playlist, the menu gets stuck. It seems to be stuck "behind" the rest and I can not select a playlist. I tried to reinstall itunes but it does not work. What would be the problem. Can someone help me?
Old 01-08-2017, 10:16 AM

It's a bug. Apparently I wasn't the first to log it either as mine is closed as a duplicate. You could log it at https://bugreport.apple.com and get it closed too, adding to the emphasis that smart playlists are still important.

Apparently you have to have lots of playlists to make the bug appear. I have about 250 playlists, so I have it.
As you found (as did I) reinstallation is not a cure.

There is a work around though.
Once you click on Music to select a playlist, you'll notice a dark line under Music, this indicates the bug is present.
Now you can use the arrow keys on your keyboard to scroll through all your playlists to find the one you want.
You'll have to start with the down arrow key and use the up if you passed it.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 01-15-2017, 12:38 PM

Junior Lounger

Thanks for the reply. Let's hope the bug is quickly resolved.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:40 PM

They closed mine as a duplicate. So someone else reported it too.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: Smart playlist menu does not work

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.