BASIC -- Using iTunesand an old iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

wdc202

Having rediscovered an old iPod (Model MA002LL), I need to relearn how to use iTunes to loadmusic and podcasts onto the iPod

What is a good document to review to get up to speed? The more basic the better.

Also, how do I rearrange or delete old songs and podcasts still on the IPod? I do this through iTunes, right?

Thanks for your guidance. ... wdc

cjmnews

Staff member
Does your iTunes library recognize this iPod?

Does iTunes ask you to erase and sync it when you plug it in?
Or does it sync automatically?
Or is it set to manually manage?

Anyway to answer your question, we should visit the now hidden archive of tutorials: Articles Archive | iLounge
Here is one, that I like. The "tabs" have moved in iTunes 12 to the sidebar, but in essence it has the basics: The Beginner’s Guide to Filling your iPod | iLounge Article

wdc202

cjmnews: <<Does your iTunes library recognize this iPod?>>

I think NOT. iTunes recognizes my accouunt but I see no recognition on iTunes of my iPod device. Can you suggest a simple test that will confirm that it is not recognizing the iPod?

FWIW, I can hear a song from the iStore on the PC. And while my the iPod is "playing" I do not hear anything through the W10 pc. I CAN hear the podast playing on the iPod when I connect the iPod audio outpt to an external speaker.

cjmnews

Staff member
The simple test is to plug it in via USB or Firewire and see if iTunes wants to erase it or not. You can always say no.

There is no wireless connection between and iPod and iTunes, so your playback test seems normal.

wdc202

cjmnews: FWIW I think I am getting back in business! Little by little, it's coming back to me.
iTunes now recognizes my iPod and I see files on the iPod shown on the iTunes screen on my desktop PC.

Many thanks. wdc