no photo tab - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: no photo tab

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-22-2016, 11:51 AM

Senior Lounger

no photo tab

I am trying to add some photos from my pc to my Iphone 5 using Itunes ( latest version). But there is no longer a photo tab. I have spent a considerable amount of time researching this and there is no answer. I have hid and unhidden my side bar but there is no option tab for photos, either in itunes or my Iphone when I click on it as a device. Is this no longer an option on itunes?
I can look at my Iphone through window explorer and see the folder with my photos but I can not add anything to it.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Old 12-22-2016, 06:07 PM

In iTunes, click on your iPhone in the button bar.
In the left column under your iPhone there is a Photo section, click on that.
In the right side, there is the Sync Photos section. Check that and select your folder/album.

The Photos section you see in Windows Explorer is a folder to get your camera photos off of the iPhone. You can copy and delete them from there.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 12-22-2016, 06:27 PM

Senior Lounger

looking for photos to upload

So I have the photo highlighted . it gives me the option to download from the Icloud but it does not give me an option to import from my PC. What am I missing?
Thanks
Old 12-22-2016, 06:46 PM

Really?

My guess is that by enabling iCloud Photo Library disables import from PC.
Kind of like using iTunes Match prevents local music sync.
Or Apple Music prevents iTunes Music Sync.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 12-23-2016, 09:55 AM

Senior Lounger

photo sharing

yes that was the problem. Turned off Icloud photo sharing and it gave me the option to choose a folder to synch with. I am assuming that if I wanted certain pictures uploaded to my phone I'd have to create that folder first as it does not seem to be able to select individual photos.

Thanks for your help

Topic: no photo tab

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.