TV app... still no video playlists - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: TV app... still no video playlists

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-21-2016, 10:58 PM

Freshman Lounger

TV app... still no video playlists

Hi there,

So I'm sick of this. For years IOS has abandoned video playlists, and now I can't even binge watch a whole season of something without stopping and starting after every episode.

Does anyone know why Apple stubbornly refuses to talk about this or to build this feature?

Was it a patent thing?

Sheesh!

Thanks,
Mike
Old 12-21-2016, 11:15 PM

They seem to have abandoned smart playlists too, so I have been logging bugs at bugreport.apple.com.

Not sure why they have taken this stance. They actually tried to work on a smart playlist issue, but failed to fix it. I stopped using the podcast app because of he lack of playlist support. It is frustrating.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 01-03-2017, 04:20 PM

I'm curious as to where you're concerned about the lack of video playlists.... You mention the "TV app" which implies Apple TV or iOS, but since this is in the iTunes application forum, I figured I'd point out that you can still use video playlists in the iTunes application itself.

Sadly, these no longer transfer to iOS devices in any way, as the "Videos" app on iOS doesn't support them. However, you <em>can</em> enable them on the Apple TV if you're streaming shows from your Computer rather than the cloud. On the fourth-generation Apple TV you can find this under <em>Settings, Apps, Computers</em> — just change <em>Show Playlists</em> from "Music Only" to "All." The older pre-tvOS Apple TV models had a similar setting, although I can't remember offhand exactly where it is.

I've been using TV Show playlists for years on my Apple TV to group my favourite episodes of certain sitcoms, as well as do things like create "Christmas Episodes" playlists during the holiday season. Works quite well.

Click the image to open in full size.

Topic: TV app... still no video playlists

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.