WMA to MP3 Converter for mac

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

swackhammer

I have a huge amount of music on an external hard drive, quite a bit of the music is in WMA format. I would like to find an app that will search the hard drive, list the WMA files, allow me to select the files I want to convert or select all. Convert them and save them back onto the hard drive. It would be nice if I can save the original WMA files and the new MP3 conversion into the same folder. Can anyone tell me if there is such program out there. The converters I have seen are drag and drop and I have to much music on my hard drive to mess with that I need something that will search the drive, automatically find the files, list them and allow me to convert them.

swackhammer

Apple had the solution for searching my external hard drive for WMA files all along. All I had to do was use spotlight. I had to reindex my external hard drive in spotlight, then reboot my mac and I can now search the drive. I found a files converter app called Switch, and it's supposed to allow batch conversions. I have like 5,500 WMA files to convert. So far I haven't been able to add them to Switch to be converted. I can add files one at a time, but when I select all the WMA files and try to add them nothing happens. I just thought about it though and I may not be waiting long enough for them to load into the program. I don't see any sign of Switch doing anything when I drag and drop all 5,500 files. I'll try before I go to work and check it when I get home. If that doesn't work does anyone know of a good free file converter that will convert a large number of files in a batch from WMA, and other audio formats to MP3.