error 504 on itunes when trying to restore/update iphone - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: error 504 on itunes when trying to restore/update iphone

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-05-2015, 08:55 AM

Freshman Lounger

error 504 on itunes when trying to restore/update iphone

so, I tried to restore my iphone to factory settings using my iphone 5 itself. The phone was restoring just fine (with the apple logo and loading bar on the bottom) when it just stuck with the logo.
and when I connected it to itunes, there was a pop-up saying to choose between update or restore. because my phone was running on ios 8.3(jailbroken) it demanded to update to 8.4
and now i'm stuck with an error 504 appearing on itunes every time i connect my phone and choose to update
please help!

My itunes has been updated to the latest version and my laptop has been too. I really can't understand what's wrong and it's driving me crazy.
thank you very much for replying to my problem
Old 07-05-2015, 01:03 PM

First off, you can always ignore an update request. My iPad 4 is jailbroken on IOS 7 still. I am ignoring the requests to update.

I would try Recovery Mode to see if that works: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

I looked at Apple's list of error codes and yours is not on it. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204770

Though if you look at standard errors, 504 could be a gateway unreachable error via HTML. Do you have network access enabled? Have you tweaked your hosts file? There could be a bunch of issues here. Have you tried reaching out into the jailbreak community? They would be better to support their jailbreak stuff.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....

Topic: error 504 on itunes when trying to restore/update iphone

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.