iTunes is breaking movies I add artwork to.

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

BlackHelmet

Updated artwork on several movies in iTunes and they stopped playing completely. After they "break" the movie shows up as a gray square with a musical note in the center in my list of titles. I managed to remove one of the broken files from the iTunes library and it plays in VLC but the audio is all jacked up. :confused:

if you wanted to look at a screen shot you could at:

http://postimg.org/image/vh7ebmayz/

sorry for the odd spacing but "New members are not permitted to post images or links."

Thanks for y'alls help on this.

Last edited by a moderator:

cjmnews

Staff member
I wish I knew the cause and solution off the top of my head like most iTunes issues, but this is a new one.

What format of video?
Which Codec?
What format was the album art?
What size was the album art?

We have a page recommending that the artwork be square 300x300 PNG, JPG, BMP or GIF, but I think that may be older information.

I have a movie that is in MP4 format H.264 Codec, I used a JPG for album art and it is not square 682x812 and it worked fine.

BlackHelmet

Video format: MP4 & M4V
Codec: H.264
Artwork: JPG
Size of artwork: 400x600px

after you try to add the artwork (some time is works and sometimes it bricks the video) the option to add artwork no longer works (Add artwork grayed out in the options)

no backup right now. this is on my laptop and I don't often back it up. (I always backup my iMac)

cjmnews

Staff member
Is your video VBR (Variable Bitrate) or CBR (Constant Bitrate)

I used CBR.