Is there a way to create a playlist of favourite and least favourite albums?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sp1814

I can easily create a playlist of my favourite tracks, but I'm looking for a way to create a playlist of my most favourite albums, say where the average track rating is 4 stars or above.

Conversely, I'm also looking for a way to create a playlist of my least favourite albums - so I can remove them from my library.

Does anyone have any idea how this can be achieved?

cjmnews

Staff member
Sure create a smart playlist where the rating is 1 star. I have that I call it Exclusion. I use it to force tracks out of my shuffled playlists.

I don't delete them because other members of my family like some of them, others I purchased for extended family, yet others are just songs I listen to on a whim (game soundtracks).

Once you have your playlist, you can select all the tracks, hold SHIFT then tap Delete to remove them from your library. Be sure to Send files to the Recycle bin to reclaim your disc space.

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
Also, if you're looking to identify best and worst at the album-level, the "Album Rating" feature is the average of all its track ratings, calculated automatically by iTunes. So a smart playlist can identify (or exclude) high or (low-rated) albums using the "Album Rating" criteria instead of the track rating.

As noted above, to delete track from your library from within a playlist you hold the Shift key (or Opt on a Mac), or you can simply uncheck them if you want to keep them out of your device and/or iTunes playback. I tend to keep albums even if I don't like them ... years later my tastes may change, it's happened (e.g. I hated Beck's "Odelay!" album at first, now love it).

sp1814

Thank you both! I didn't even think about the iTunes generated album rating. Excellent...I'm going on an album cull now...goodbye Cheeky Girls (I'm kidding already!)