connect PC to itunes over apple network

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

fmillerphotog

I have a Windows 8 machine (which I hate - but it's a necessity for what I do)

I would like to connect to the iTunes library running on the iMac in the other room.

Can any of you point me in the right direction for this?

thanks!

fmillerphotog

just one more...

Thanks for your reply.

I've got home sharing set up on the Mac.

Where I'm lost is that I don't know what I should do on the Windows end to connect it to the library on the Mac.

If there's a tutorial or something you could point me toward I'd very much appreciate it.

cjmnews

Staff member
You install iTunes on Windows 8, look for Shared Libraries, select the Mac's shared library, then choose the song or playlist you want, listen on Windows 8.

kornchild2002

Right. You need iTunes installed on the Windows 8 machine too. You may have to log in with your Apple ID information when you try to access the library on the Mac but that should be it. You will have full access to songs, playlists, movies, TV shows, etc. It all has to be done through iTunes and Home Sharing though.

This also works for iOS devices. I can access my Mac's iTunes library on my iPhone and iPad mini through Home Sharing or even on my old Toshiba notebook that is running Windows XP.