Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Adding artwork for ripped LPs

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 05-25-2013, 10:33 AM

Senior Lounger

Adding artwork for ripped LPs

I've gotten started ripping some of my LPs into MP3.

After loading the MP3s into my iTunes library, I went to Albumart - CD and DVD cover searchengine and found the album art.

So, I selected all the songs in an album, right clicked, and selected "Get Info". When the dialog box comes up, the tab for Album Art isn't displayed. However, if I just select a single song, then the tab for Album Art does display and I am able to add the art to that song only.

Am I missing some other way to add album art to multiple songs at once?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:47 AM

By selecting all the songs from an album you will be adding the art to all the songs at once.

iTunes has always behaved like that with the Get Info window. Not sure why. I suppose it reduces the code to check is each track has different art, then what would you show in the Get Info window. Yes some people do have different art for each song.

Have you backed up your iTunes Library this week? If not, you are risking losing your music and playlists....
Old 05-25-2013, 11:15 AM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmnews View Post
By selecting all the songs from an album you will be adding the art to all the songs at once.

iTunes has always behaved like that with the Get Info window. Not sure why. I suppose it reduces the code to check is each track has different art, then what would you show in the Get Info window. Yes some people do have different art for each song.
Perhaps I wasn't clear. I WANTED to add the artwork to all the songs from an album at once. iTunes wouldn't do that, because the tab for adding the artwork doesn't display when more than one song is selected.

The workaround is, of course, obvious. I added the artwork to each song individually. Rather not do that, of course.

It just adds to the time for the project. Between recording the LP into Audacity, cutting it into tracks and labeling them, removing pops and ticks, exporting to MP3, importing into iTunes, and adding artwork, it's about an hour and 15 minutes per LP. I've got about 300-400 to go, so any little time savings adds up.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:24 AM

You can easily add artwork to all songs of an album at once, I do it all the time. Select all songs and go to Get Info, then the tiny artwork box you see in the window can be pasted into.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:20 PM

Veteran Lounger

There is no artwork tab in Get Info when editing multiple tracks, as rockmyplimsoul stated the box is in the Info tab.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 05-25-2013, 12:39 PM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmyplimsoul View Post
You can easily add artwork to all songs of an album at once, I do it all the time. Select all songs and go to Get Info, then the tiny artwork box you see in the window can be pasted into.
Ah. I hoped there would be a trick. Thanks.

Topic: Adding artwork for ripped LPs

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.